2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm almost drunk enough to order a pizza, almost but not quite.
IMAG0094.jpg

Last edited:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The weather is looking great for the first few days. Doesn't look too cold, just about comfortable at around -10 and no rain forecast :)

Lots of snow too, were set and away for camping out. As long as theres still some snow on the roads, it couldn't get much better.

Chris, did you sort any jerky?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
No mate, might get lucky out there?
Are folks bringing phones?
Guess the charge will only last a couple of days!?
See you soon !
C.

Woody

Forager
Dear all,

Please note that on arrival at Bardufoss airport at 11:30 on the 11th we will be getting ourselves ready for the journey to the expedition location. The first part of this is a 40 minute bus journey and then the final part is an approximately 1 mile walk in, where you will be expected to carry your own pack (for those coming out early etc there will be a limited facility to transport any extra baggage...Note - LIMITED)

At the airport we will have plenty of time to get into the appropriate clothing if not already in it and we will have time to wait should any ones flight etc be delayed.

With this in mind though, please go through your kit and ask, is it on the kit list? do I REALLY need it? am I duplicating items? ..... if you come up with the answers No, No, yes ... leave it at home ... you will need to carry it! ...... and you will find that you CAN get by with out it ..... improvise .... overcome, its what its all about : )

See you in the freezer!

Woody​

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for that Woody.

To Ducky and ITW, do you still fancy making our way there or meeting at the airport on sunday after reading the above? We need to let Bushex know of our plans if were deciding to trek it to skjold and arrange a rendesvous on sunday afternoon.

It would be nice to set off as a group but that obviously means were stuck to the Bardufoss area.

On another note, it would be a good idea to send each others mobile numbers in a pm.

I'm thinking that I'm going to leave the jerky now and get some fresh meat and fish over there. My food bag is bulging at the seams from a serious shopping raid on julain graves for nuts.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Teepee,

If the weather is good and there is enough snow, I would still like to have a bit of a walk about or at the least go out and look for a nice camping spot for a day or two. That will give us some time to slow down and get into the 'zone' ;)

Lennart

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Teepee,

If the weather is good and there is enough snow, I would still like to have a bit of a walk about or at the least go out and look for a nice camping spot for a day or two. That will give us some time to slow down and get into the 'zone' ;)

Lennart

With you all the way on that. No way I'm chickening out mate :)

I'm conscious of not causing any extra stress to woody and the team on day one by worrying where we are. I'll call Becky to see how the land lies, but I suspect that they would prefer us at the airport on sunday.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I will be camping somewhere between Andselve and Malselvfossen for the nights I'm out and about.

I've never been shy of company.

The arctic version of 'Wheres Wayland' :)

Do we get a prize if we track you down on day one?

I have a plan to find you-follow the creaking sound of butter clogged arteries:lmao:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Damian has lent me his spot transmitter so you could just try this link and type in "wayland" in as the password.

It's labelled up as Damian because it is his account of course but it's me really.
greetings10.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE