2 man mountain tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Hi,

This Phoenix 'Phreak' 2 man mountain tent is a classic. It's always had a good reputation and although it's 15 years old it's in extremely good condition and was top of the range when I bought it.

Here's a pic of it in the Pyranees

Just want £35 plus P&P. SOLD

Cheers

Joe.

Attachments

• Joe's Tent - Pyranees 2.jpg
    Joe's Tent - Pyranees 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 31

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
This is what I found on the tent

MAKE Phoenix Phreak
1994 COST 207 pounds Sterling
WEIGHT 2.76kg
STYLE
Two person A pole ridge tent. Small pole at rear, with very small gear porch. Larger pole at front which extends porch. Two double entry zips.
Inner has two double zips, door and no-see-um mesh door; neoprene sewn in ground sheet.
PRIMARY USES General camping, backpacking.
# OF NIGHTS About 100, I've had it for 5 years.
SIMILAR TENTS BY
Field & Trek, Saunders and Vango make 3 pole A pole ridge tents but the Phreak is the only 4 pole one I know of.
CONS
Tapered shape, only one person can comfortably sit up in the inner at once. Not a lot of room for gear, you have to be organised. I've never yet pegged out the fly so it looks tidy; though that hasn't affected performance.
PRO
Pitches fly first. A must somewhere wet like Wales, Lake District or Scotland. The inner can be kept dry. Can be pitched single handed, even in a wind. Very stable in wind because of its low, flat profile. The fly bangs and rattles like mad but the inner hardly moves. The extended bell is great for cooking in (see the reason for fly first pitching :) ) but we use gas not liquid fuel.

hope this answers a few questions

john wings

Forager
Dec 12, 2004
cornwall
i used one of these for three month,at a sheltered site,in the cairngorms;The front bell end is enormous;i never ever got wet,and stood up well to high winds.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
The old 4 season tents do seem to last for ages, I picked up a vango hurricaine alpha (1978) a while back, it's low as well, and a little heavier, but easy to pitch, and the inner zips on rather than attaching with elastic which I like. It has a huge front covering, and is the easier tent I've ever used to get all the fabric taut and nice looking. Sturdy as hell too.

tykent

Jan 7, 2008
Surrey
Joe

Thanks for posting the tent out. It is all set up in the garden, thought I'd best check I could pitch it before needing it. Nice and cosy.

Ty

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE