1980s Survival catalogue pages

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Visited the Moreland shop right to the end but was more often used the Edinburgh shop. I think I have an aluminium non-stick mug somewhere with plastic lip.

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Some members have expressed an interest in this company from back in the 1980s. Here are the catalogue pages that I still have, showing what was introduced onto the UK market back then. Many of these items are still on the market.
Enjoy..
Hi, may be my lack of technical knowledge but I can't seem to find the images?
Cheers

Robsterling

Mar 18, 2021
New Zealand
I would love to see them, I have a bit of SA kit still kicking around, and to reminisce would be great. Im surprised no one has uploaded the catalogue pages elsewhere on the web, there are very few images of SA kit at all, occasionally pops up on Fleabay, but considering the company was such an influence to many of us in the 80's, its seems odd its just vanished!

BrewkitAndBasha

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2021
Far East
Hi...apologies, I took them down after seeing a mention of copyright in another thread. However, after further thought, and as they are almost 40 years old now and the company is long done, it should hopefully be ok! Let me re-post them, as clearly there is more interest!

...'Tis done Sire!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rambo Rees

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Many thanks Brewkit. Wonderfully nostalgic.... it's quite surprising how advanced the gear was almost 40 years ago.
Compare that with the gear that was around 40 years back from '82 and I guess it illustrates the huge advances that took place postwar and into the jet/microchip/transistor etc age :)

BrewkitAndBasha

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2021
Far East
Many thanks Brewkit. Wonderfully nostalgic.... it's quite surprising how advanced the gear was almost 40 years ago.
Compare that with the gear that was around 40 years back from '82 and I guess it illustrates the huge advances that took place postwar and into the jet/microchip/transistor etc age :)
Yep, they certainly opened a portal to another world of US-made gear and 'special forces' issue kit that nobody had really ever seen before - all perfectly timed to cater for the UK's 1980s craze for all matters-survival.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi...apologies, I took them down after seeing a mention of copyright in another thread. However, after further thought, and as they are almost 40 years old now and the company is long done, it should hopefully be ok! Let me re-post them, as clearly there is more interest!

...'Tis done Sire!
Thanks for being considerate, I'd much rather you took things down if you were worried than risk it, a lot less hassle. goodjob

Last edited:

BrewkitAndBasha

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2021
Far East
Thanks for being considerate, I'd much rather you took things down if you were worried than risk it, a lot less hassle. goodjob
Ok and thanks. I guess it might be different if they were still operating, but then we wouldn't be swapping (mostly) good memories about them on this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Ok and thanks. I guess it might be different if they were still operating, but then we wouldn't be swapping (mostly) good memories about them on this thread!
Yes, there are loads of old 80's catalogues like Argos' available online. Not sure where they stand in terms of intellectual property (copyright) and imagine that maybe the same parameters don't apply as for any original written word etc.
Really appreciate you taking the time to upload.....now where did I put my 1985 copy? I have a horrible feeling my mum may have chucked it out when I went to college in the 90's!!!

• Sad
Reactions: BrewkitAndBasha

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland

...'Tis done Sire!

Thought that why reading the other post. As you say company no longer exists and it a common interest. Thanks for the memories got my first catalogue 86 or 87 I think so good to see the older one

Last edited:
Reactions: BrewkitAndBasha

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Used to go to the shop in Penrith every thing seamed ??? so expensive but no one else was offering serious expedition kit - when they manufactured the metal mug with the separate plastic lip protector now this really was life changing kit

Had one of those but the lip protector was stolen wore out my Helly Hansen pile trousers, norgie tops, sas smock and other stuff think I only have the DPM flask left

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Found them right at the back of mums attic, they're the '86 and '87 catalogues....I'll upload photos of each double page in order when I get a chance ...any idea how I do this quickly?

Attachments

• IMG_20230831_134952.jpg
    IMG_20230831_134952.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE