18th Century Long Hunter Woodsman kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, sorry, the crappy automatic spell checker on the wife's iPad is the bane of my life!

Mind you I'm as likely to have a short fur trimmed jacket worn over the left shoulder of a hussar as a mattress cover usually stuffed with straw!

Says it all, really!

ATB

Tom

By the by Witney blankets are still out there in charity shops, although they are drying up, All these were under a fiver each, £2.50 is about the usual price. Prior to the pic I've chopped at least 4 of the thinner ones making clothes.

I live in the uncertain hope of finding a green with black single to match my capote.

Blankets_zpsfd960aad.jpg

Not all all are Witneys, 2 are Beano of Manchesters and the red one's unlabelled.

Last edited:

TheNative

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
The Frontier
www.youtube.com
I have a double sized witney but its peach coloured

The doubled sized blanket I have shown in this thread what is in my bedroll is grey, however it was light blue before. Used 2 dark brown dye sachets and 1 dark green dye sachet and it still only came out grey from light blue. Wool is a bitch to dye especially when its a big blanket. I like the grey colour though so I'm happy

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
TheNative, hats off to you! Your kit is inspiring. If you don't mind me asking, where did you learn about all that? Was it Youtube, books or general search on the Interweb?
Anyway great gear, keep on trekking 18th Century style!
Cheers
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE