164 bracelets, belt & sheath danglers in 3 days...ugh!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....had me head down last week replenishing stock in the bushcraft show aftermath.....ready for this....i made 114 bracelets...31 belt danglers and 19 sheath danglers in 3 days working till the early hours each night. 164 in total....talk about repetitive monotony....check this lol:

164 times 4 edges on each bevelled....=656 edges bevelled in total.

each one has at least two holes for press studs so minimum 328 holes punched.

then i trim each corner off each one to make it look neater....then bevel each corner....=656 corners cut off and 656 corners bevelled

then the 164 items have to be dyed. then polished. then buffed...492 more procedures. (i know this is nerdy but....ALL of the brown bracelets, about half i guess, are dyed a different colour, i added a splash of different dye to the mix each time i dyed one to give a range of colours)

then the 328 (minimum) different press stud parts have to be selected and then hammered in....two parts each end=164 individual hammerings....each hammering involves 4 hits so my neighbours must have been driven nuts with the 656 odd smacks...bang, bang, bang bang....on and off for 3 days.

then the 164 are given a final wipe then boxed. also....about a third of them have a line grooved along length to decorate.

thats something like 4000 to 4500 individual actions to make 164 items.

now for hair barrettes (yes lovely squishy ma'am....yours too!) and keyrings.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Lol, 4 hits for the press studs. Same as i do... didn't realise it was standard thing.

Been a busy fella aint ya :)
Nice work mate :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE