15-17 Nov Steadhall Wood between Otley and Ilkley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well due to unforseen circumstances we have 3 vacancies. Who has a FAK that they have never been into? Me for one. If you are in the same boat then come along and find out how to use one and if there is something that should be in there that isn't.
We are a really friendly bunch. Honest.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
1200 by the meeting area will be a Tutorial (Demo and Practice) of safe knife use - bring your own knife and First Aid Kit (FAK) if you have them. This is not a master-class in carving or sharpening, it is a basic tutorial on safe technique which will be great for youngsters and novices alike.

1400 (2pm) same place will be a Tutorial (Demo) of the kit that should be carried which will assist when faced with a casualty - bring your FAK if you currently have one. It is not a first aid lesson, but if you have no idea what to do in that situation you will walk away knowing what you need to do next and what kit you should be carrying when out.

I am a volunteer and this is free bushcraft training for those attending.
All are welcome - if you are a novice I guarantee you will learn something useful, if you are a subject matter expert I welcome your feedback.
If someone is doing one of these minimal kit challenges and it's cold I will have one of my chaps make you a brew, I don't want anyone flaking during the lesson :)

See y'all Saturday :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Looks like its just me from SquealingPig coming. Swmbo is off shopping for a forthcoming engagement ....if its just me.....I'll be rocking up Friday 8pm ish, hoping to hang in the same spot.

It could be freezing or below, here's hoping so :D. May give the pocket tent another outing? Or just hunker down hobo style ......mmmmm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Looks like its just me from SquealingPig coming. Swmbo is off shopping for a forthcoming engagement ....if its just me.....I'll be rocking up Friday 8pm ish, hoping to hang in the same spot.

It could be freezing or below, here's hoping so :D. May give the pocket tent another outing? Or just hunker down hobo style ......mmmmm

Tarp and bivi-bag setup for me this time I think :D

Btw, does anybody have a set of Alan-keys they could bring up? The head on my tomahawk has come loose and cant find my set :(

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
Hi Chaps,

Looking forward to the weekend but looks like it will be just me and Maxi, my son Alex is not well and I want him to get better as soon as.

Thanks for the map and directions Adam, really useful.

Regards,

JB

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
zanese5e.jpg

u8uduqaj.jpg

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
1200 by the meeting area will be a Tutorial (Demo and Practice) of safe knife use - bring your own knife and First Aid Kit (FAK) if you have them. This is not a master-class in carving or sharpening, it is a basic tutorial on safe technique which will be great for youngsters and novices alike.

1400 (2pm) same place will be a Tutorial (Demo) of the kit that should be carried which will assist when faced with a casualty - bring your FAK if you currently have one. It is not a first aid lesson, but if you have no idea what to do in that situation you will walk away knowing what you need to do next and what kit you should be carrying when out.

I am a volunteer and this is free bushcraft training for those attending.
All are welcome - if you are a novice I guarantee you will learn something useful, if you are a subject matter expert I welcome your feedback.
If someone is doing one of these minimal kit challenges and it's cold I will have one of my chaps make you a brew, I don't want anyone flaking during the lesson :)

See y'all Saturday :)

one of my chaps..... That will be me then Tim

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Maybe saturday early doors.....depending.on.how far I fall out wi gaffa in the morning !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE