15-17 Nov Steadhall Wood between Otley and Ilkley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Have put these dates up so that people have plenty of notice. Hopefully I will be ok by then but if not I am sure Ben will officiate in my absence. New rules apply
Please read the following before adding your name to the list:

Prices are per person per night
·Adults £6
·Children 8 yrs -16 yrs £2.50
·Children under 8 yrs FREE
·This is non-profit making, once the farmer gets paid any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

There is a tap adjacent to a drinking trough a field away. However as the water pipe runs through the wood, the farmer is going to fit a standpipe in the wood for us.

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We encourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during these times.

Noise;

Please keep noise to a minimum between 10.00pm – 08.00am
Please do any processing of firewood outside of these times.

Fires:

·Due to limited fuel, fires must be kept small, dont waste what we have!
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, as these will be used for the communal fire only there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around

Car Parking;

`Vehicles are to be parked up the narrow grassed area to the left hand side of the static caravan (farmers temp. residence. Drive carefully as he has young children) Once this is full then park round the outer edges of the car park as there is an active rifle club that uses the stone building in the car park.

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
.There is never to be a communal rubbish bin.

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Wanderinstar

Last edited:

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
The train station is Burley in Wharfedale and is only a ten minute journey from Leeds Station. trains are about every half hour,so a good service. It is a bit of a walk from the station, about 2 miles. But I am sure someone will collect you, if I scrounge a lift I will let you know as I depend on my brother giving me a lift if he is not on conflicting shifts.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Burley In Wharfedale train station is only 1.5m from site. I walked it last time, wasn't too bad.

When you've seen the state of my titanium knees and shoulder, and the screw in my reconstructed feet, not to mention the rest of my twisted body, you'll understand I just don't do walking like that :D, and certainly not carrying a load of camp kit. It's rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthiritis, osteoporosis and various other odds and sods :rolleyes:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
When you've seen the state of my titanium knees and shoulder, and the screw in my reconstructed feet, not to mention the rest of my twisted body, you'll understand I just don't do walking like that :D, and certainly not carrying a load of camp kit. It's rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthiritis, osteoporosis and various other odds and sods :rolleyes:

Ah I see. Dont worry hun there will be a lift for you and also plenty of us there to help carry your gear into/around woods :)

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
resnikov - nothing in the calendar but need to check with my better half.
Bigbear

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
resnikov - nothing in the calendar but need to check with my better half.
Bigbear
Copperhead

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE