12th 13th of feb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Aye good yin lads, best thing wis i had to google lord lucan but did hazard a guess he went MIA!!

Quality gaz but just to deflect things to sum other poor soul....av no seen many sea gulls aboot, anyone bin keepin tabs oan ally :AR15firin heehee!!

No lookin good for the whole stint but prob make friday - saturday. After all i need to build brownie points that weekend!!

seagull.jpg

I've been busy!!!!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I dont think you'll ever loose that tag Ally, i even think of you when im out for a walk with my wife and kid and see seagulls flying overhead in Balloch, suddenly i get a sweat on, look around for you and shout at the top of my voice "fly away you damn fools, dont you know Ally could be around". Gets me thinking mate why do you want to come to a bush meet by the sea side, i wonder what else you find flying about at the sea side-mmmmmm.

Col...

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
I dont think you'll ever loose that tag Ally, i even think of you when im out for a walk with my wife and kid and see seagulls flying overhead in Balloch, suddenly i get a sweat on, look around for you and shout at the top of my voice "fly away you damn fools, dont you know Ally could be around". Gets me thinking mate why do you want to come to a bush meet by the sea side, i wonder what else you find flying about at the sea side-mmmmmm.

Col...

Mmmm salivating at the thought!! I've heard there's a good clubbing scene near the sea...Seal blubber anyone:yikes::yikes::nono:

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Only kidding btw, please dont think i'm some kind of murdurous maniac just cos i've got issues with those darned gulls:togo:

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
superb pic ally...the auld deadfall windae wiper trap eh, canny beat it!!

as col says, yer stuck wi the tag & you'll always be on the RSPCA's most wanted list lol!!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi guys, just back from a walk there and back to beach from my house(4hr round trip- 5 mins by car) via the Cliffs, I timed the ascent and decent of the cliff path,
decent took me 21mins, add on 10 mins more if carrying a heavy pack,and you aint done it before.
ascent took 19 mins,again add on 10 for the above reasons, and i used short cuts back up.(cant do them on way down)
2 dead seal pups on beach one intact, the other just skeletal remains
one very much alive pup also down there looked half way between pup and adult.
loads of deer and fox tracks in the sand(some quite a fair size of both fox and deer)
saw a buzzard overhead but no sign of the peregrine's that are spotted during the summer.
some build up of drift wood at the high tide mark,but i will be taking extra.
bench/fire place and grill still intact(must not have had storms as bad as last year yet as everything got washed away.)
the stream that's either a trickle or totally dried up during summer is pouring down the valley 6ft wide and 8 inches deep(just a pity i dont trust it to drink-run off from sheep grazing land
its mostly under ground but rises in the sheep field just above the cliffs.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Number's looking good, if or when we get to 12-ish will have to call it at that due to limited space at the park up area(though we can leave some car's at mine and car share to park up)
cheers guys so far, im looking forward to this.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Looking forward to this. Ill have space for on in my car so long as someone doesnt mind squeezing themselves into a Spitfire.

Will be coming up from Darlington so can pick up on the way

What time are people going up, assuming most of us are going on the Saturday?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
If people who are coming on Saturday can kind of agree on a meet up time it would help, as i can meet them at the carpark area and walk them down the cliff's,also if you have'nt been before just a bit of advice(you dont need to take it) but just bring what you need,not loads of luxury items,as it is a 35 mins walk from car to bottom of cliff and whilst not dangerous,there are some parts that are steep,and covered in scree, i will be going twice on the Fri,to drop off extra's and then for the main meet up for those going on the Fri,am also going to try and get down each weekend between now and then to build more seating in the cooking area(well with what i can scavenge from the beach) as we dont usually have this number attending,just had a virus from hell so could'nt go last weekend,looking forward to it myself,and i will be pm'ing those going soon with travel details.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Just a small pack for me (no puns) Ideally I would like to be getting there for about 10 I would have thought. so still got a fair bit of the day

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
Can you put me down as a provisional please?
Just got to clear it with SWMBO....I can help out with anybody wanting to try beachcasting, got some spare kit!

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Sorry lads, i have to miss this one due to work, just came into the office and been told its up north that week, ho hum... maybe next time

Allybally

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE