12 ~ 16 November 2015 ~ Rough Close ~ Autumn TORM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Time to bring the list to the (current ;) ) top of the thread... :D

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
02. TinkyPete (TBC) but I will be a civie then
03. Rob.L., Ros + 2 kids
04. Bilmo (TBC - hopefully)
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man TBC
08. Lizz
09. EarthToSimon +2 (Weekend only)
10.Wayland.
11. Mesquite
12. Dave Budd
13.Roy Budd (my old man can't keep away!)
14.Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
25.​

And, also ...

... I'll bring the Marmite to go on them. :)

65065356.jpg

:yuck: :p

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
I'm in and jol as well but havent told him yet. will be motorbiking down so first camp from the bike...

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
03. Rob.L., Ros + 2 kids
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man TBC
08. Lizz
10.Wayland.
11. Mesquite
12. Dave Budd
14.Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
17.lupin rider - John
18.jolybob jolyon
25.​

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm in and jol as well but havent told him yet. will be motorbiking down so first camp from the bike...

I've a feeling you've been down to us before, am I correct? Either way I have a feeling that we've either met or were supposed to ... Moot 2010?

Line seven should now read Hammock_man Tickets brought.

I'd been wondering how you were recovering. Obviously back up enough for travelling :D

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I'd been wondering how you were recovering.
Seen the consultant today and got signed off as it where. My kids are not to happy about me coming but as long as I wrap up warm, I say bring it on.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Seen the consultant today and got signed off as it where.

:cool:

My kids are not to happy about me coming

Are you sure they're not speaking with the wisdom they gained from you? :p

but as long as I wrap up warm, I say bring it on.

Given that you know _you_ well enough to make the best judgement you can ... :D

... (and if there's any doubt, bring a pair of over size SAE Jiffy Bags and a stack of Post-It notes ;) :rofl: )

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Ooh, I'm so pleased it's just around the corner. I was going to go off and do a spot of walking over the weekend but I've got that tiny bit too much work to do so I'm going to try and slay that dragon Thursday and Friday and maybe do an overnight on Saturday. But probably rough close is the next time the bivi bag will be out... Hurrah. I'm going to have a go at packing what I'm planning on bringing to see if I can carry it - small essential when coming by train etc. Hope everyone on the list is coming and haven't forgotten?

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Are you sure they're not speaking with the wisdom they gained from you?
Sure they are much wiser. I just really missed not getting up last time. A 4 nighter makes the trip worthwhile, and the train tickets where still cheap. It will have to be a mortician that says I am not coming this time.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Hurrah. I'm going to have a go at packing what I'm planning on bringing to see if I can carry it - small essential when coming by train etc.

I'm in on foot too (with a couple of bits being dropped off for me ~ like the communal shelter). My collapsable hike chair makes life a while lot easier :)

How comfortable are you with OS navigation? The footpath across the fields rocks up the otherside of the road from the site's mainentrance ~ but the 1.6 (ish) road walk from the station isn't too arduous. The field walk isn't that much shorter than the road; but grass and earth is kinder to the feet :)

Re: Keeping your pack smaller and lighter ... did you spot Wayland's offer of use a chair in the communal area?

Hope everyone on the list is coming and haven't forgotten?

Sometimes do forget and sometimes real life kicks plans into the corner :eek: . But mostly they remember :D .

Sure they are much wiser. I just really missed not getting up last time. A 4 nighter makes the trip worthwhile, and the train tickets where still cheap. It will have to be a mortician that says I am not coming this time.

As long as you're happy and sure in yourself ;)

Liz, would you like me to bring an extra chair for sitting around the communal fire?

Good offer (I've only quoted it to increase the chances of it being spotted)

John's been down to RC a couple of times, so yeah, you've met him before :)

Thought so ~ trying to keep screen names with real names and faces can be fun at times (S
Leets blame a short session of CRS Syndrome shall we ... :eek: )

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
I've a feeling you've been down to us before, am I correct? Either way I have a feeling that we've either met or were supposed to ... Moot 2010?

aye. have twas ages ago mind. also done many moots but missed last year. i was at rough close when we had a paul kirtly walk about.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
aye. have twas ages ago mind. also done many moots but missed last year. i was at rough close when we had a paul kirtly walk about.

I've only done the 2010 Moot ~ real life keeps getting in the way :eek: :(

Your screen name provided a Quasimodo Moment* ... :eek:

(* That moment when someone's name and/or face rings a bell ;) )

Rob.L.

Sep 1, 2014
Somerset
unfortunately due to illness and work complications I have to cancel. Boo Hoo!

Hopefully see you in January.

Meet List:

01. decorum
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man TBC
08. Lizz
10.Wayland.
11. Mesquite
12. Dave Budd
14.Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
17.lupin rider - John
18.jolybob jolyon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE