12 ~ 16 November 2015 ~ Rough Close ~ Autumn TORM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm just going to bunk down in the van again. Not ideal, but it's how things have worked out this time.

I'll be "Buccaneering" near Cannock on the way down so I'll be loaded to the gunnels and won't have much stowage left in the hold.

I'll just bring some kit to cook with and be comfortable around the fire.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'm just going to bunk down in the van again. Not ideal, but it's how things have worked out this time.>>><<
I'll just bring some kit to cook with and be comfortable around the fire.

As long as you're comfortable enough to sleep and eat well :D

i'm guessing that we are on the same pitch as last time? I'll hopefully get thee early to mid afternoon on thursday

Yup, same pitch as in March :) . If it makes life easier you can pitch up on the adjacent field as I have it booked as well as PC.11 ;) .

wouldn't want to park up with a bunch of weirdos by mistake!

I think I should introduce you to Lee* ... :rofl:

* Who's not a weirdo ... but I like seeing his mind default :dancer:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
The crow man has a hernia so unfortunately he can't make it. But Jim is coming down with me and welchy is meeting us ther . I am bringing plenty of cash:)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Bringing the list back to the top of the thread ... with adjustments courtesy of the Adjustments Bureau

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum Th-M
02. TinkyPete (TBC) but I will be a civie then
03. Rob - hopefully? but on his own Th/F-M
04. Bilmo (TBC - hopefully)
05. Neil and Clare late Th-M
06. Midnitehound Th-M
07. Hammock_Man
08. LizzTh-M
09. EarthToSimon +2 (Weekend only)
10. Wayland. F-S?
11. Mesquite (Thursday - Sunday)
12. Dave Budd Th-S/M
13. Roy Budd (my old man can't keep away!) Th-S/M
14. Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC - no word yet
16. Stonehippo
17. lupin rider - John
18. jolybob jolyon
19. Red Fox
20. Welchyd1
21. Jim (arriving with Red Fox)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Due to the numbers at the Meet we'll likely be using a different communal area to the one we've been using recently.

Just look for Steve (Mesquite) and/or his big tarp ;)

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey folks, an emerging work issue means I won't get there until Friday or possibly Saturday. If anyone is picking up messages I hope this info reaches the relevant people!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Duly noted Lizz fingers crossed you can get here tomorrow :)

The tarp has been pitched over the communal area. If anyone can't find it then you better go to specsavers :rolleyes: :lmao:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... If anyone is picking up messages ...

The blessings of real life, sometimes these things happen :( . Thanks for letting us know, it's very much appreciated :thankyou:

Here's hoping you scoot through the emergency and, with hope and luck, we'll see you tomorrow or Saturday :goodluck:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I setting off tomorrow morning at 6.30 so I can get down earlier I am looking forward to seeing you guy's :) for breakfast time. I am bringing my market wallet for the market lol.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I setting off tomorrow morning at 6.30 so I can get down earlier I am looking forward to seeing you guy's :) for breakfast time. I am bringing my market wallet for the market lol.

Midnight hound says if you want breakfast then you better make sure that you bring bacon for everyone as he's only got eggs :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those who made it and sorry to have missed those who couldn't get there. It was good to catch up with some of the old faces and meet some new ones :cool:

Nicely chilled ~ if a tad wet and windy (less rain than we were forecast to get :D :dancer: )

I managed to bash some bramble which has improved access through two paths :D :approve: . With my health/fitness back on the rise I'm hoping to get back up there to do some more bashing prior to the January Meet ;)

I always try to remember to take pics ... I generally forget :eek: In the end I think I took just two ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

(and I still have to upoad them :) )

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The two (rather boring! :eek: ) pics:

The almost obligatory fire/flame shot.

The end result of the second bramble bash. I forgot to take a before pic :eek: . Hopefully reclaiming the ground will lessen/spread the impact of the bottleneck at the bridge which might reduce the 'squidge'. The red lines represent ground gained back from bramble on the left and bramble plus holly on the right. The blue line shows the trimming of the holly bush/tree/stand (dead standing birch at is centre ;) ).

Link to Januarny 2016 Meet ~ http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135846&p=1698958#post1698958

A couple of old pics (April 2015*) to help highlight the change:

The first one, facing back towards the fire site ... that bramble on the bottom left of the pic is the red marked area in the right hand side of the pic above ...

And this pic shows the area of bramble on the left ~ the patch just beyond the wood waiting to be processed for the wood pile.

(These last two pics aren't from a Meet. It was collected and processed by our scouts on their back to basics camp :D . It was also the scouts who made the seating benches ~ which lasted about a month before people started to burn it instead of going and finding wood :( )

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE