100 years of scouting help needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi folks at the end of may i,am running a space base for nottingham county scouts. here lies the problems we have lots of clips, rockets and all manor of things going on! ( we want to do Film cannister rockets as well but need the old stlyle film cannister the old black and grey jobs (APS) dont work as well. if any one has any lurcking in the cuboards can you pm me ????? any amount taken we have a few funds for postage? thanks in advance.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Do you mean the 35mm pots the films come in?
If so just go into a few chemists and ask for them - they will happily give them to you as they only throw them away.

Mark

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi buckshock we have gone to our usuall scource of the chemists and other film developers but either we have cleaned them out over the years or good old digitial has paved the way for the decline either way we are struggling. :(

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Just in case this helps .....

I've used both the grey and black type and the opaque white type cannisters for this and had good results with both. I've found the best concentration to be a quarter tablet and a quarter depth of water. Using warm water allows for faster CO2 production too. Used to regularly dent the science lab ceiling and get about 20 ft height out of doors!! - the kids loved it!

Don't forget water bottle rockets either; 500ml bottles are very good!

Remember - it IS rocket science!!

Bob :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE