10 Days 9 Nights in Scotland over the Royal Wedding week very pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Myself Clive and Stu set off Friday 22nd April and headed up to Loch Drunkie we set up camp in the wooded hill between Lock Venchar and Loch Drunkie.
Few pics of camp and the veiw of Loch Venchar Loch, Drunkie was on the other side of the hill behind us and out of veiw.

Natural Shelter i found on a day hike Saturday

Saturday night while i was trying to reajust my thermarest in my hammock without getting out,as it had shot out three times and i did not want to get out again i managed to flip my hammock and riped the mozi net. i learnt not to inflate the thermarest fully.
Sunday spent repairing the mozi net.

monday was spent learning to make nets
[/URL]
and i cooked my All in One for dinner.

Tuesday we went to the lockal vilage to get some supplys and moved camp to a nother spot after the buzzy weekend.

Clive making a sheath in the feild for his new axe he bough in the village after his Trueways survival tool chiped during light use.

our second camp was close to Loch Drunkie few pics
how you should leave a camp site. i even cleard someone elses ground fire scare they had left best i could
Thursday
We then set off to the coast and did some site seeing on the way to Sandshead. we stoped at Lendalfoot with a veiw out to Ailsa Craig. we then set up camp in a wood near Sandshead we dident bother with the tarps and it was a clear sky great lying in the hammock looking at the stars
Friday we set off and headed for Port William

We then set off to spend the last 3 days at Clatteringshaws Loch extream procations where taken at this site for the camp fire Saturday we practiced Cobra knots and carving figure 4 traps no traps where set just practiced making them. made pine needle tea

Forgot to mention car security was a issue at Loch Drunkie area you have to camp with the cars in site. also ticks where a isue we used tick twisters to deal with the problem.

saidly Sunday came to quikly and we packed up and headed home i could have stayed out another 10 days.

Last edited:

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
I really like the natural shelter that you found, would have been a great primitive nights sleep in that. Nice pics. :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Looks great guys.

Was it a DD hammock net you busted?
I did too once and it was very easily done,hence use a seperate midge net nowadays.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Looks like you had a good trip guys, and spent some time on some new skills. Shame it was my sons first birthday else I would have loved to join you. Next time.

Catch u at a meet. Thanks for posting mate.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Great looking trip guys. Port William, about 6 miles away, if we'd known, Nath n me would have loved to have joined you for a night or two. Maybe next time

Thanks for sharing the pics

Dave

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Looks great guys.

Was it a DD hammock net you busted?
I did too once and it was very easily done,hence use a seperate midge net nowadays.

yea it is a DD hammock the repair has held up and looks as if it will last for many many more outings i sewed the rip then Clive used tent seal tape over the sewed seem i then sewed down the outer edge of the tape the whole way round spent a good 3 hours on the repair. i have also learnt if you inflate a thermarest to the point where the creases are just poped out, and its still very flexable you have more room in the hammock as its not trying to force the hammock to its shape

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Great looking trip guys. Port William, about 6 miles away, if we'd known, Nath n me would have loved to have joined you for a night or two. Maybe next time

Thanks for sharing the pics

Dave
we only stoped off in Port William for a few hours then went up to Clatteringshaws Loch where we camped is that nearer you if so next time ill let you know if we in the area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE