Useful Medicinal Plants Book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
I was wondering if anybody would be able to reccommend any good Medicinal Plant books - I'm ideally after a book that describes what I am looking for (with photos) and a description of how they are used, what for and how to store them - recipies or how to use them also - all that kinda stuff. If anyone could reccommend anything I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Basha72

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2006
Torbay
Hedgerow medicine Julie burton-seal & Matthew Seal

[h=1]Guide to Edible and Medicinal Plants of Britain and Northern Europe Edmund LaunErt [/h]
look on amazon

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
I have recently bought James Wong's Grow your own drugs. It doesnt go into huge amount of detail into the actual herbs, there some just not huge amounts and I have found this to be a very accessible route. Cheap too at around £3 delivered (2nd hand though)

Reddo

Tenderfoot
Hedgerow medicine Julie burton-seal & Matthew Seal

[h=1]Guide to Edible and Medicinal Plants of Britain and Northern Europe Edmund LaunErt [/h]
look on amazon

This is the book I came across last night - several reviews saying that it is a great book - I think I shall give this one a go, seems to have everything I'm looking for - Thank you and thanks everyone else for ideas :D

This is the book I came across last night - several reviews saying that it is a great book - I think I shall give this one a go, seems to have everything I'm looking for - Thank you and thanks everyone else for ideas :D

You won't be disappointed. I got this one last year and it is pretty detailed. Each plant (mostly garden/hedgerow weeds) has some uses listed and how it can help you. Still to try battered dandelion heads. :)
If you want to take it further then have a look online.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE