How do you carry your crook knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
A case made out of an old earring box borrowed from SWMBO with a slit cut in it and duck tape wrapped round it for strength. I've seen the same thing done with match boxes but the card on the earring box was much stronger..

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I found the standard rectangular leather envelope sheath for a DC3 stone fits nicely over the blade of mine.

If you do a search for crook+sheath, you get a few threads with ideas although some of the pics seem to be missing now as some are quite old.

Just spotted these on BB:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62797

Perhaps he could make some to fit a crook knife?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
a length of old bike innertube with one end sewn up, the crook knife wears through it eventually but it lasts for a year or two.
i like things to be multi-purpose, my crook knife sheath makes good firelighters.

stuart

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I have made a small pouch that covers the Hook and just added a Belt loop to the back and a leather tie that secures the handle,seems easy and it is,Plus it works well.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I took a small piece of dense foam insulation, (the stuff that goes into walls in slabs) and melted the shape of the knife into it with a shaped wire. Then I sewed a bit of thin leather round it with a flap to close and a leather string to tie it shut..

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i use a folded piece of leather on one and just roll up the other in a big strop- multi purpose:)

wrapping the blade in thin cloth or leather can be quite effective if done well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE