Help for Heroes (H4H)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hello to all on here, just thought I would post an update on the Help for Heroes appeal, this article is from the RAF news.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/index.cfm?storyid=F4E04DF1-1143-EC82-2E3E575FE241DE88

Help for Heroes, a charity aimed at helping injured service personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan has managed to raise a staggering £3 million in little under five months.
The charity, whose first aim is to raise £6 million to build a swimming pool and new gym complex at Headley Court, the tri-service rehabilitation centre in Surrey, announced today that it’s half way to its target.
Bryn Parry, the founder of the charity said:
“I am absolutely delighted that we have managed to raise such a staggering figure in such a short time. I’m proud that the general public have been so generous with their donations and their time. I now hope that the momentum carries on and that we’ll be able to start building the facilities very soon. This will make a real difference to the deserving service personnel who have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice so much. ”
Chief of the Air Staff; Air Chief Marshal Sir Glenn Torpy said:
"I am delighted that such rapid progress has been made towards the £6 million target. It is great news for the men and womeon who will benefit directly from the general public’s generosity, but it also speaks volumes for the depth of public support for the Armed Forces".
General Sir Richard Dannatt, the Chief of the General Staff, said:
"This is fantastic news. To have raised such as large sum in so short a time shows that the general public have really gone out of their way to make their appreciation known and that they do care about the sacrifices being made by young men and women from all three Services. This is welcomed by the Armed Forces and we are very grateful to both the general public and to Help for Heroes.”

I know a lot of you good people have been helping to raise funds for this cause, so from myself I just want to say a BIG thankyou for your support.

Best wishes

LS

By the way, a message to everyone who has done something however small it was...:You_Rock_

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Half way there! That's impressive. I remember when BR first brought this to our attention, there was significantly less than £1M at that stage.

I'm proud to be a part of the BCUK contribution, just as I was proud to serve back in the early '80s.

Well done ladies and gentlemen!

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE