Canvas Nalgene Pouch.(Pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

Gave the old sewing machine a dusting off and nursed it through making this pouch. The canvas is from an old issue kit bag, still got quite a bit left too. It's the first time I've used copper saddlers rivets, really like them. Strong , look cool and means less stitching :).

DSC03251Small.jpg
DSC03243Small.jpg

The pouch can take a Tatonka cup and lid along with a 1Litre Nalgene bottle and still has space for a few smaller items like a spork and brew kit.

DSC03240Small.jpg

Used a zip from an old jacket so that flat items could be stored in the flap lid similar to a pack map pocket.

DSC03235Small.jpg

A canvas shoulder strap I had came in handy clipped to the D rings . Didn't bother with a belt loop but added four leather tabs so that 25mm webbing can be threaded through. Allowing for attachment to some types of pack.

DSC03232Small.jpg

DSC03230Small.jpg

A Jack Russell sized Duluth :D

dsc032502Small.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
superb work, i really like that.

i may have to steal your design and have a bash at something similar for my crusader mug and waterbottle.

cheers

stuart

pwb

Thanks for the comments :).

Duluth WATCH OUT.

Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy,
No way would I tackle a full sized pack like you did, think my machine would go on strike :D.
Might make a few more smaller things though , maybe a tinder pouch.

i may have to steal your design and have a bash at something similar for my crusader mug and waterbottle.

cheers
stuart

Cheers Stuart,
Not my design it's just a scaled down old pack design.
Have ago mate , look forward to see what you come up with :).

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Lovely work. I find handstitching leather to canvas really hard work so I'll look out for some of those rivets.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Tinder pouch sounds good. As to a full sized pack, i've got confidene in you and your machine mate.

Andy.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Nice work mate. I have started using an old kit bag too to make a shoulder type bag. Has been quite a challenge so far ;) Like the copper rivets joining. Adds strength & style and less stitching :cool:

Cheers
Craeg

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
that's great work looks fantastic :) lov the shot with your dog he looks really happy

now a question: how do you do and where do you get the bits to do the rivets and eyelets?

Last edited:

pwb

that's great work looks fantastic :) lov the shot with your dog he looks really happy

now a question: how do you do and where do you get the bits to do the rivets and eyelets?

Hi jd,

I bought the copper rivets on E-Bay here's a ink to the shop I used when I bought the setting tool and some rivets :

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/muffinsplace

When I get some more rivets I think I'll get them here though :

http://www.bowstock.co.uk/acatalog/Copper_rivets.html

Think I bought the eyelets and buckle from Le prevo leathers.

Eddies' a happy dog :), but trying to take pictures was a pain. Always seemed to be a nose or tail in shot :D.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE