leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. briar87

For Sale ALAN WOOD WOODLORE / RAY MEARS / ONE OF A KIND / NEVER TAKEN OUTSIDE

Hi all. For sale is a truly beautiful Alan Wood Woodlore. This is in a really amazing stabilised maple, with amazing grain and a tapered tang with brass loveless bolts. Original leather sheath, beautifully finished with yellow thread. This knife design set the way for all that followed. Built up...
  2. briar87

For Sale JACKLORE CLASSIC KNIFE / MAPLE / NEVER TAKEN OUTSIDE / WOODLORE PROFILE

Hi all. Here is your chance to own a beautiful bushcraft knife from arguably the UKs premier knife maker at the moment. These are so very hard to get hold of, as Sandy, at Jacklore Knives makes them in very limited runs, and they are normally sold even before finished. The ones that do make it...
  3. briar87

For Sale JACKLORE CAMP KNIFE / WALNUT / NEVER TAKEN OUTSIDE

Hi all. For sale is a Jacklore Camp knife. This is in a really amazing stabilised Walnut, with the most incredible grain, 4mm 01 carbon steel with a tapered tang and black g10 liners. This knife has Sandy’s quad mosaic pins. Original leather sheath, beautifully finished with yellow thread. This...
  4. briar87

Withdrawn JACKLORE CAMP KNIFE / WALNUT / NEVER TAKEN OUTSIDE

Hi all. For sale is a Jacklore Camp knife. This is in a really amazing stabilised Walnut, with the most incredible grain, 4mm 01 carbon steel with a tapered tang and black g10 liners. This knife has Sandy’s quad mosaic pins. Original leather sheath, beautifully finished with yellow thread. This...
  5. briar87

Sold MKM EDGE TITANIUM BRONZE / NEW / ADDED THUMB STUD / UK LEGAL CARRY / LEATHER SHEATH / REDUCED!

Hi all. Another knife of mine reluctantly for sale… This beautiful MKM EDGE in titanium, bronze finish. Made by Maniago Knife Makers of Italy. The blade is M390, italian made, with softening on the edges of the back of the knife. A really nice, typically Italian feature. I’ll add more info...
  6. briar87

Withdrawn *REDUCED* 2 JACKLORE KNIVES / WOODLORE SHAPE / 1 CLASSIC / 1 CAMP / ELM & WALNUT / NEW / MAKE AN OFFER?

Hi all. I have reluctantly decided to sell two of my beautiful Jacklore knives, as I could do with the funds for something else. Firstly, I have for sale a Jacklore Classic, purchased August last year, in English Elm, directly from Sandy at Jacklore Knives. This knife is in 4mm 01 carbon steel...
  7. M

For Sale Pocket strops. Basswood or Leather Strops

These strops are 32 x 100 mm. The same size as the DC4. The leather ones are about 5mm thick and the Basswood ones are about 6mm thick. I use laser cut and etched Birch plywood backing. The leather is compressed, then glued and sanded flat. The basswood ones are also flat and ready for compound...
  8. XIX

For Sale Special Leather Field notes cover

Brand new from Black Cross leather in the USA. This is the ‘ Crook’ field notes cover in quality brown leather with wine stitching. It has a Velcro front panel for your patches/ID and internally is a pen loop, two card slots and field notes (or similar size pad) slot. I also commissioned this...
  9. BEARDMASTER

Fancy folding knife sheath

Hei! I was gifted a folding knife some time ago. Last time I used one on daily basis was in my childhood. But I have become to love this folder so damn much that it sometimes does the tasks that my belt knife usually does. Excellent folder! So I made a leather sheath for it to carry on the belt...
  10. Pioneer72

It's Hawthorn Fruit Leather Time :)

I looked out at my Hawthorn tree yesterday, and seeing it was loaded with berries I thought to have another go at hawthorn fruit leather. So I picked a load, de-stalked them, and set to it. I made some a few years ago using the cold process squeezing out the goo per Ray and Gordon on Wild...
  11. bobnewboy

Leatherwork: dyeing without hardening - help please!

Hi All, It has probably been discussed before at some point, but i have a problem ! :) I quite like to work in thick veg tan leather for some articles, e.g an archery bracer i made for my other half. All of the making went well, but when i finally came to dyeing the pieces with Fiebings...
  12. bobnewboy

Ring clamp for 'er indoors :)

Hi All, after a series of not-so-subtle hints, and having some free man cave time, I made this jeweller's ring clamp for my other half. She has decided that jewellery (sp?) is one of her new hobbies following on from our day course last year when we made rings :) The clamp is used to be able...
  13. bobnewboy

A bit of several handicrafts - Bronze Sword with a leather scabbard/sheath.

Hi All, I havent had too much time to work on this for quite a while, but I recently got the all leather sword sheath (OK, scabbard :)) done after some inspiration from Hamish's work. Hence this post. My original scabbard was going to be a wooden cored, wet moulded leather job, but that isnt...
  14. U

Leather thinning help

Hello guys, I've just bought a new leather belt, to replace an old torn one. Width matches perfectly with the buckle's, but I've ran into a problem I didn't even expect: the belt is too thick, and I simply can't get it through the buckle. I've tried thinning it with a knife, but without much...
  15. R

Cobblers Hammer

I've tinkered with leather work for a few years and decided it was time I tried to improve my saddle stitch. The YouTube videos by Ian Atkinson and Nigel Armitage convinced me I needed a cobblers hammer - what other reason could there be for my stitching looking rubbish :lmao: Anyway, not...
  16. L

Some of my leather bags.

These are my first three leather bags. First was just a small shoulder bag , 2-3mm veg tanned leather and dyed in Fiebings dark brown oil dye. This was before I had pricking irons, so punched all the holes one at a time. The lining was an after thought, so is not that great...
  17. grey-array

Latest work, a Leather Apron (picture heavy)

Hey everyone, A while ago I purchased an old Sewing machine from a couple that owned a vintage industrial themed antiques etc store. They wanted a bit more then initially advertised and after chatting for a while and me having tested the machine his wife had advocated the idea of me making a...
  18. L

***FlexCut knife strop lightly used***

A great little bit of kit, truly remarkable at how sharp this simple thing will get a knife. You could quite happily never put a knife to a stone if you kept on top of the sharpening with this strop. It also comes with strop paste to help with polishing and giving the knife that extra edge...
  19. Angst

Latest Knife Sheaths & 'Stained Glass Window GB SFA Masks

Hi...just finished some more items to go in my Bushcraft Show stock boxes....the glaringly bright sunshine has not made the pics exactly accurate but hey, who's complaining! hope you like! regards Sonni
  20. Angst

More Bags In Leather, Canvas & Cordura....

Hi...heres a few of the bits I've made this week... priority was to make myself a replacement for my trusty old Adidas drawstring bag....I've had it about 15 years and not only is it not koooooool for a bushcrafter to be going up the woods with an Adidas bag (lol) but it is literally falling...