Got any snow yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Just had a Big thunder and lighting storm here,big bright blue flashes followed by rumbling thunder,just waiting for the snow to start again,news says we are to get it heavy again tonight,and checking on Met check, its showing snow all week with temps below zero,ranging from -1 to -13

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
ive got more white stuff than i can shake a bloody stick at!
lol
seems to have settled for now though, until the morning.

and its rubbish for building snowmen in :(

Frozen thermals
me048.jpg

Two hours later.
me-1.jpg

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
It's been snow here since about 9 this morning, It's only just stopped in the last hour, With more forecast for overnight.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
went out at 5.00am this mourning looking for some salt , some 45 minutes later i found some after walking around the whole estate , enough to fill 2 pint glasses ! lol.
i got back home and shoveled all of yesterday's snowfall (10 inch's ) off my mothers steps and pathway, went in for my breakfast ( 2 lovely cheese and mushroom omelete's )i then went out to salt said path and stairs and another 2 inch's of snow had fallen and it was also thundering and lightening ! lol im ganna get some ski's it's all down hill from here ! ( in weather and terrain ! ) :lmao::lmao::yikes:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My eldest daughter just came running down the stairs with the biggest smile on her face ,
YIPPEEEE THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED!
all edinburgh council schools are closed for the day
time to dig out the riot van and load up the sledges and head for the hills .

Craig...........(and a very happy heather and erin)

Last edited:

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Freezing cold with sharp frosts and no snow.
Don't want any either.
Makes getting around a real pain especially when our Council doesn't grit the roads.
Roll on warmer weather I say.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Got tons of snow now :)

Spent most of the day watching the Councils 2 JCB Diggers and 2 Lorries trying to dig the village out of snow and to ferry it away- only for more to fall on and off all day :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Made me giggle that, whoever thought that was a good idea??

Cheers
Ness :)

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
My school shut at 10.30 today and it's shut tomorrow. So I have had a half day and a paid day off tomorrow. I dug out the car for half an hour.

No one else in my street bothered. My colleague three streets away, had her street cleared by all the neighbours. Three hours of diggin. She now has 6ft piles of snow on the pavements.

I have met about 8 folk from more than 5 houses away, great to chat to them. We cleared to old folks drives and they came out with hot toddies and rolls of fried food.

Nick

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Had plenty before the weekend, now just damned cold and frozen hard! The number of callouts for Mountain Rescue in North Wales has gone up, including an interesting one for my team on Saturday night! (the one towards the bottom of the article, i was one of the ones who walked them out)

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...les-cold-snap-set-to-continue-55578-27733502/

And this was their truck:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7597011&l=3e9e472e07&id=532961030

Expecting another dusting tomorrow...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE