'Dogs as alternatives to knives'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Is anyone else following this latest round of complete flippin' stupidity with the same astonished dumbstruck awe as me?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8556195.stm

By way of experimentation I've just tried using my labrador as an alternative to a knife, but the bread got all covered in drool and fur. And eaten. Think I'll stick with the knife for now.
:lmao:

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Third party insurance sounds sensible, but then I also heard qoutes of £700 a year for it. Then there will be a rush of claims because the insurance is there to be abused.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i really struggled to baton logs with the jack russell just now, got there in the end but the dog wasnt happy........

madness.

I once got bitten by an alsation, but then i had climbed over a fence to have a swim in a neighbours pool after hours and one of their guard dogs got me, i thought i was safe in the pool but one jumped in so i got out and got tagged by the other lol. i also fell in a holly bush wearing just swimming shorts - good times. i didnt even know they had guard dogs lol :D thats as back in the early 90's

Last edited:

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Am I missing something? I can't see any reference to knives in that link?

I think it's about time the government did something about irresponsible dog owners. The culture of making a powerful dog aggressive has got to be curbed. I'm a dog lover myself and I don't believe there is such a thing as a dangerous breed, only dangerous dog owners. Hit them where it hurts, in the pocket.

Mr Ed your experience with the swimming pool had me in stitches:lmao:

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
R4 Today programme was discussing 'Dogs as alternatives to knives'. Personally I use mine as alternatives to hearth rugs, vacuum cleaners and stink bombs...

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
As usual its a punishment for the masses for the idiocy of the few, those that this is aimed at wont even both getting it anyway. There is also going to be a huge amount of abandoned dogs now too. This angers me quite a lot actually.

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
You mean people arent obeying the law, and threatening people with animals?

And the solution is to bring in a new law they wont obey?

And in some strange cultures this is percieved as a logical step?

I love the news - it always brings me some reason to stare open mouthed at the screen in quiet awe of the stupid.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
For Sale .... two border collies!! they can gnaw through wood,Catch rabbits, you can sweep up their moutled fur to weave and make a jumper, and you can rub them together to make fire!!

Lunacy again!! just another Law that will cost even more money and will never be policed in any case.

As a for instance I was sat at a junction yesterday with the cars either side of me drivers on mobiles and the car behind me was a nick nick car with 4 coppers in it.
Did they get out and have a word? NO.

lol its a funny old world!!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
It's not about compo or about safety... it's about tax.

All insurance premiums attract insurance premium tax. More insurance you're legally obliged to have more tax gets collected.

This is a drop in the vast banking bonus deficit ocean perhaps, but as Britain's most successful supermarket chain is wont to say... "every little helps".

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
If you become a member of the Dogs Trust (£20 a year) you get 'free' 3rd part public liability insurance. £1M cover IIRC

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/giving/membership/default.aspx

No idea where they got the figure of £700 a year from. Perhaps it's for a scally with previous convictions owning a veritable herd of 'pitbull type' dogs.

How the bloody hell they'll police it is anyones guess.

Just noticed that it's England and Wales, does this mean mine will have to have cover for when he goes on his holidays?

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
As a longtime occaisional delivery idiot I have never met a dog worth sniffing disdainfully at.

They certainly are good at spreading diesease (as my friend found haha)

I cannot think of a further use for them.

If the govt can tax them, good luck to them.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
anyone ever had a pitbull set on you before?? I have, was not a nice experience. Personally i would lock the neds / chavs who use animals as weapon, in the same cell.

Good way to prove that their dog isnt violent.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
As a longtime occaisional delivery idiot I have never met a dog worth sniffing disdainfully at.

They certainly are good at spreading diesease (as my friend found haha)

I cannot think of a further use for them.

If the govt can tax them, good luck to them.

I take it you've been on the sharp end of a dog then once or twice?

The dog wasn't simply trying to get at that big chip on your shoulder perhaps? :)

Tax dogs? Sounds like the old license we used to pay for at the GPO.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE