'Dogs as alternatives to knives'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
From reading this thread again i really think that it`s time for a change in our government, they have a free hand in bringing in stupid laws that can not work, and never will be enforced. It`s time these people lived in the real world and not in the world of nice cars/houses/clothes,etc all paid for by us (the voting public).
A government made up from people living on housing estate, little money coming in,no prospects of work and seeing how things are falling apart would be better equipped to govern, bring in new laws and scrap stupid laws.
New laws about dogs,guns,knives,etc, but what really changes for the ordinary person in the street?? they don`t see the benefit of these new laws really, they do lose out though because they are finding life harder, having to count the coppers,less spare cash in the pocket if any at all, and they still get taxed for everything, twice in some cases.
Our government get paid wages and these wages are paid by us, they get expenses paid for by us, houses bought by us, cars,fuel,travel all paid for by us but they are not held accountable for anything.
So a new law on dogs took time to think about, time to discuss & debate about, time to figure out how to make the most money from such a new law. This is called justifying your job and why your wage is so good. Wow a new law on dogs, i really earned my money this month, i deserve a pat on the back,how much can i charge on expenses for a party to celebrate that.

springer5

Mar 9, 2010
Carmarthen, Wales
most of the time you can reason with people and diffuse a potentially dangerous situation.

You're right there zorro. What I'm talking about is much more the exception rather than the rule, it's true.

You probably guessed it's something I feel a bit strongly about (now where did I put my soap box ?? - lol).
It just annoys me in those cases where an intelligent dog gets punished as a dog (regardless of intelligence) and a stupid human gets punished as a human (also despite individual intelligance, or lack of it). But hey ho, the world's not a perfect place is it.

I have eight Springer Spaniels and each one is so different in character I find it hard to see them all as just dogs. Some are rescued (and came with some bad history) and some were bought as pups, from a good, ethical small time breeder close to my hometown in the New Forest, Hampshire. I have spent quite a lot of time training them all and for the most part they are pretty darn good. Certainly not a violent streak in any of them - might lick you to death - especially the kids. But if one of them in particular sees a rabbit she's not coming back for anyone or anything no matter how much I work on her recall, even four years of training later. She has her own mind about rabbits, and my opinion is irrelevant on that subject. She looks back at me sometimes for a split second when I call and I can almost see her brain working "I'm in the middle of chasing a fast-moving target through some pretty challenging terrain, with the possibility of a kill a the end of it, and you're offering what exactly ? -a dog biscuit if I come back - yeah right ! Save it buddy, I'll catch up with you again later in the day".

Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Her recall is as spot on during any other time.

I have another one who can't concentrate on anything for more than about 5 seconds before she loses focus (tried clicker training and all sorts), and my favourite is a very intelligent bitch, about four years old, who can do some pretty neat tricks. She closes doors after herself when she enters or leaves a room, and will tidy up all the dog toys from around the house on command, picking each item up one by one and placing them in a plastic box in the back porch. I'll bet there are a few parents who would like to have more success teaching that "trick" to their kids - lol !

All so different. That's what makes them so fun I guess.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE