What can I do while sat here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Well the TV aerial has been blown off the roof and probably wont be fixed till Monday which is leaving my evenings free.

My question is, what should I do to fill that time? I thought maybe some kind of modification of my mora clipper or my opinel or make something out of paracord but I only have very basic tools. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Asa.

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
Idle hands are the devils playground! Be very careful:lmao:

If you have para cord you could play with knots and practice hitches etc

www.animatedknots.com is a good site for learning simple decorative knots and a fun to make.

Have fun and don't fall off the roof on monday.

Phil.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I've already played around with knots unfortunately, and luckily it won't be me on the roof on Monday, I'll be safe and sound inside! :umbrella:

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
you can never run out of knots to tie only para cord to tie em with have a look here loads of ideas for stuff to make. if you don't make anything at least you'll have read stormdrane's blog and perhaps you'll have learnt something or thought up a project for yourself.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Was in exactly the same boat today at work, American company and they were all on thanksgiving break so as it was deathly quiet, I learned to do these :D Stormdranes stuff is ace but plenty of other knottage out there

lanyards.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish phone photo, the snake knot was a swine, finishing the big one in the middle was hard to get right but the cobra was easy.

Cheers,

Alan

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
If you have around £15 to blow, you could buy a diatonic harmonica. Shedloads of tuition resources free on the web. Just add time and perseverance and you have campfire cabaret.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE