The Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Is that the LARP thing?
I didn't know that was still going, if it is.
I never went to the very first one, but I went a few times in the really early days.
It was FANTASTIC fun.
But I don't do it any more.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
im really looking forward to the wilderness gathering and am booked on hawks master class
missed the bushmoot as i slipped a disk
so wish me luck that i will be ok for wilderness

wolfshead

Jun 21, 2008
Kibblesworth
not that gathering, I suspect he means the Wilderness Gathering next week

Though I think the larp gathering does still go on, I keep meaing ot go and see if I could demo there

Totally correct Dave, There'll be three of us camped in the woods.and of course my good friend Mr John Daniels. We'll be dead easy to recognise we'll be the ones dressed in green/camo!! So if anyone fancies a bit of crack, you're more than welcome to pull up a log. See you there

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I've never been to this before and can't make up my mind whether or not to go to this on Saturday. I'm rather undecided as it will involve a 3 hour drive each way at least, with 3 children. I often have driven further than that as a day trip to the CLA gamefair, but that is such a big event, it more than justifies the drive especially if you go on the Friday and stay to 7 when it shuts.

What do those of you who've been think, is there enough to do there for a full day out and is it worth 6 hours or so of round traveling?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Had a great time there. A someone new to bushcraft it had lots of good courses to get me going. I love Max's tracking talk & the 'Safe Knife use' one was just what I needed to get me onto the next level. Had a great time camping in the woods. met lots of interesting people & it was one of the best weekends away I have had for a while.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
it was such a great atmosphere people were just better there
hey where else in the uk can you see just about everyone carrying at least one knife yet you dont feel any danger from them at all

Aug 15, 2009
Suspect I met some of you at the Wilderness Gathering last week, particularly the guy with all the spoon knives. Been doing Bushcraft all my life but I am new to this fourm and just wanted to add my praise to the consensus, it was my first time at the Gathering and it was pure magic. So many talented and industrious people, fantastic. Perhaps I'll see the usall suspects over a bottle of mead next year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE