The Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
I drove down from Aberdeenshire in two days and, although it IS a helluva drive there and back for me, I'll definitely be back next year. The company was superb and the range of demonstrations, workshops and masterclasses was excellent...well worth the 1,154 mile round trip!!. The first day of next year's Gathering is my birthday so come and have a beer with me at the beer tent lol ;)

I've never been to this before and can't make up my mind whether or not to go to this on Saturday. I'm rather undecided as it will involve a 3 hour drive each way at least, with 3 children. I often have driven further than that as a day trip to the CLA gamefair, but that is such a big event, it more than justifies the drive especially if you go on the Friday and stay to 7 when it shuts.

What do those of you who've been think, is there enough to do there for a full day out and is it worth 6 hours or so of round traveling?

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
aye had a cracker met and shared a few ales with members from here and else where. Ay up Andy and Singeblister. Great social event and well wortha ttending role on next year.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
did anyone else fall foul of the cider ?
lol

the girlfriend an i got there thursday afternoon settled in and as things were still getting prepared friday we found ourselves on the cider - wow 5 pints and i was out cold slept like a baby and was up bright and early the next day for the first workshop

though i have to admit i did see several casualtys who probably did a bit more than 5 pints - tbh i was saved by the pass out
hehehehe

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Shame to have missed it - the first year in ages that we couldn't get down there with the rubber animal archery targets. It was choice between some time in Guyana or Wiltshire (Guyana won).

Sounds like people had another good one. Looks like I missed out on the cider - not to mention the "famous yeast extract flavour jerky".

Should be there next year though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE