Hats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
www.ranger-online.com have it, in "caps & hats" > "visor hats". I've ordered dozens of kilos of equipment from them (about 65kg so far, in 5-6 orders), and can quite safely say they're reliable. There's only one problem, if the product is not in stock they don't say so and just send the rest of the order, so you can get bad surprises...(you don't pay for items that weren't in stock though). And they do ship to the UK (at least they used to, a guy on another forum said he'd ordered from them).
They only have an import (fake) version though.

www.asmc-online.com also have them, but they seem a bit more genuine (100% wool rather than poly/cotton) and they also have the essential golden hat cords :-D. They're more expensive though (40€ for the hat rather than 25€ at Ranger Online).

Hope that helps.

P.S: they're both German.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
EdS,

It looks to me like a standard Scout hat, any Scoutshop will have them and you could try them on for the correct size. The price in the UK I wouldn't know but in the Netherlands they cost Euro 38.50 being about 27 British Pounds.
The hat circumference they have is from 52 to 63 cm's.
The hat comes without leather (outside) hatband and no leather "thong" as the type of hatbad differs between Scouts/Explorers and Scouting leaders.
Together a leather hatband (scouting) with leather hatband thong will cost you between Euro 4.75 and Euro 7.05

And then the postage of course, but no danger about import tax as you're part of the EU :)

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Bagheera said:
And then the postage of course, but no danger about import tax as you're part of the EU :)

Bagheera

Unfortunately Bageera Tony Blair does not agree with you or the common market theory and we most definitely do pay import tax on goods within the EU. I think they are worried the British would all smoke spanish cigarettes for a quarter of the price than in the UK so they ignore the fact that we are all in the EU together.

Bill

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I Have never seen one for sale here but I have one from the Netherlands given to me by an old friend.

They are great for around came rain or shine. The one I have is 100% wool and waterproof and I have never gotten a wet head or shoulders for that matter when waring it. It can be a bit heavy while hiking (I prefer a bonnie Hat) but in camp it's great.

Bagheera
do you have link to store selling them there as I know of a few others that might be interest and we enjoy all the benefits of the EU here in S Ireland.

James

Aug 25, 2004
Australia
Hi folks, know it doesnt help - is just fyi, but that's also known as a 'Lemon Squeezer' and is the New Zealand Army dress hat.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
tenbears10 said:
Unfortunately Bageera Tony Blair does not agree with you or the common market theory and we most definitely do pay import tax on goods within the EU. I think they are worried the British would all smoke spanish cigarettes for a quarter of the price than in the UK so they ignore the fact that we are all in the EU together.

Bill

You sure?
AFAIK the only stuff they get squiffy on are items with extra duty like fags and beer.
Ordinary stuff you just pay the VAT or if you are VAT registered you don't pay that either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE