Joe Brown Woolly hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Yngve Cymric

May 25, 2020
Wales
I discovered that the Joe Brown shops in Capel Curing or 'beris no longer stock their iconic hat, definitely had them in February 2020 and I meant to buy one then.
Now they've stopped doing them and no one knows who made them.
So can anyone remember these thick woolly peaked hats?

Yngve Cymric

May 25, 2020
Wales
Like this but with a more prominent peak, though to be fair it's there but Joe was a joyous scruff, it was the shop's trademark item.https://images.app.goo.gl/aoA3LQToNXBEtTtV9

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
If I recall it was like this

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
That looks like the first hat I bought in the early 80s thick wool balaclava, with a peak.
Had a grey and a maroon one bought from wilderness ways. Looks similar anyway.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I think you need to talk to a decent 'knitter'. The missus made me a balaclava many many years ago; I don't think it would take much to knit one longer and add a peak :)

Mind, I recon she'd charge more than $48 :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The US guys have got back to me, approximately $48 purchase and postage to me n Wales
Watch out for the import tax. There are loads of tales by disappointed folks in the U.K. thinking they’ve got a brilliant deal on a knife only to find HMRC adding 20% at customs.

I had a look on the website, the balaclava version isn’t for me, the woolly hat is lovely. But, would I run a group buy again? Probably not :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had one in yellow ... well... about 50 years ago - and one in red about30 years ago ... good practical hats! I prefer something a bit more structured these days :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE