Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi guys

:red: I am Here, i been busy walking around lowestoft area, teaching my cadets Expedition training, anyone doing anything interesting.:red:

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
SSSHHHHHH dont make to much noise you might scare the norfolk and norwich group away. . . . . . :D

:eek: what you nean SSSHHHHHH i was hoping to steer some life into the forum, we not carefull the summer will be over, and not alot done, i was hoping to do some bushcraft before the year will be out. but with the cadets other family conmetment, for the next month or two, i have to wait for next year, unless there a meet during the winter?????????:11doh:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Now there is an idea what about a winter meet up, good excuse for getting a fire going!!, i was hoping we could all meet for a overnighter while the weather is good? but as you say everybody has other commitments which is understandable, i havent heard anything of Rappleby or some of the others have you??

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Now there is an idea what about a winter meet up, good excuse for getting a fire going!!, i was hoping we could all meet for a overnighter while the weather is good? but as you say everybody has other commitments which is understandable, i havent heard anything of Rappleby or some of the others have you??

:beerchug: that a great idea, the weather may be better later in the year, i could be up for a meet. as for the other i have heard from them for a while.:beerchug:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Sounds like a plan, will have to see who else is interested, i know snufkin is up for a meet to try out his hammock, but he said he is busy with work at the moment but they may calm down later on.:D

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Sounds like a plan, will have to see who else is interested, i know snufkin is up for a meet to try out his hammock, but he said he is busy with work at the moment but they may calm down later on.:D

Yeah, work is murder at the moment, one member of staff down, and the pykies are in town:cussing: .

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Snufkin what about the others have you heard any thing from them. . . .

No mate. Rappleby may well be having computer problems as he's had them before. I didn't get a copy of the list of phone numbers he was compiling either.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
No mate. Rappleby may well be having computer problems as he's had them before. I didn't get a copy of the list of phone numbers he was compiling either.

Hello Snufkin I have forwarded on the PM with the phone numbers for you.The PM said that you had been sent it anyway so I think it is ok.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hi Guys
Just checking in to say I'm still here and keeping tabs on the forum now and again. My weekends have all been pretty busy so I've not been able to propose a meetup since I returned from Scotland but I still keep dabbling with things when I can.
I have been out on a couple of back packing weekends with the kids. I,m hoping to do the TGO Challenge next year so it was a good excuse to check some gear ideas. I'm still trying to 'lighten the load' but I dont think I can go much further and still cope with a Scottish climate!
Have been quietly practising my plant ID out on the marsh at lunchtimes and getting to grips with a new digital camera (watch out for pics!)
Also spent a few evenings building and experimenting with a tin can version of a 'downdraft gasifier wood stove' (look up the theory on the net). This was interesting and I managed to boil a litre of water on less than half a bean can full of small twigs ! I was hoping it might prove a smaller alternative to my coffee tin wood stove when out and about but the problem is that the stove works on a top down burn and fuel cannot be added once the process is under way. This means you need to finish all your cooking before the fuel expires. Still it was an interesting excercise.
Have started to split down and old Ash trunk that I felled a couple of years ago with the intention af attempting to make a rudimentry bow. the intention is to do it all with 'bushcraft' style tooling. I fashioned 4 splitting wedges from a large Bullace stump that I had lying around and managed to split the Ash reasonably cleanly. I've not got any further yet -time etc etc
Also found an old Calor gas cannister in a ditch and dragged it home with the intention of using it to build a forge and then have a go at knifemaking. Dont know if I'll ever get the time but there you are, its another task for the back burner!
Am off to the Lake District camping with the family for two weeks on Saturday so should be able to get up to a few bushcrafty things whilst there.

Hope to check in more regularly once the kids holidays finish !

See ya'll

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's just to let you know why i've been away for a while!

My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on monday night,
7lb 12oz,

so the last few week or so have been a bit busy to say the least, and at present i am a full time housewife(husband) looking after my other two kiddy's.

glad to see people are still doing stuff

hope to see you all again soon!

Richard:You_Rock_

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i've come across some new gear to play with too!

so hopefully we can meet up soon and play!

i'm going to be stuck with family duties for the next week or so but i wan to get together again soon!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Hi guy's just to let you know why i've been away for a while!

My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on monday night,
7lb 12oz,

so the last few week or so have been a bit busy to say the least, and at present i am a full time housewife(husband) looking after my other two kiddy's.

glad to see people are still doing stuff

hope to see you all again soon!

Richard:You_Rock_
Congratulations to you and the missus:) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE