Lidl Trangia and other gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Lidl in Ireland have some outdoor gear for sale on monday. I don't know if its available in Britain as the website is postcode dependent.

Of interest are "trangia", telescope, binoculars, shoes, head torch, trekking poles,gaitors, rucksack,watch with compass,tent.
They also have a digital compass. I got one and they are worse than useless. Avoid!

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Bigman said:
I went down to Lidl's yesterday and all that stuff is available on Monday as well, I'm after the Trangia, well for £7.99 got to give it a go.

I bought a pair of Lidl's Trangias last December. Excellent quality - hope they're using the same supplier this time. Make sure all of the bits are in the box though - one was missing a handle, and one was missing a pan.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Those trangias are good, but really big! The holder for the pans is a bit naff, but it works. I have a normal sized trangia, my mate bought one of these from Lidls here in Germany. He has the small trangia with one pot, for light trekking, but wanted a larger set for when he goes camping with his kids. He uses the burner from his trangia so I don't know how good the burner provided with the set is, but the whole set is pretty good, and apparently has all of the holes to put a gas conversion kit in aswell!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I bought some last year from Lidl and I think they are excellent value.

The quality compares well with the Trangia. I personally couldn't find any difference in quality and I compared the same size set from Trangia side by side with the Lidl one.

The burner is also the same size as Trangia so you can use the Trangia gas burner in it if you want.

I'm sure they were cheaper last year though. :dunno:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Lidl "Trangia" is good kit, well worth the price, you can't go wrong. I also bought the fleece liners last year, £4.99, a bit short in length for the six foot plus amongst us (but still worth getting) they will add an extra few degrees of warmth to a 2/3 season bag :)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
rik_uk3 said:
The Lidl "Trangia" is good kit, well worth the price, you can't go wrong. I also bought the fleece liners last year, £4.99, a bit short in length for the six foot plus amongst us (but still worth getting) they will add an extra few degrees of warmth to a 2/3 season bag :)

Oh so it's Lidl's own make not an actual Trangia?

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
picked up four for her scouts yesterday - excellent for the cash and considering they trash em within a year or two

the 5 quid binos are really good as well for that price.. :)

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
The stoves are fine - been using one for a year BUT

my burner leaked - a LOT!

But for a tenner I got a pukka one, and have got a new Trangia clone for 18 quid all in. Result.

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE