Oh Dear, the Daily Mail has discovered Military Mart.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Usual Daily Fail "outrage" - I love it when they make up quotes.......... " a senior source" , yes , well your editor may be senior to you, but he's not a source, he's at the next desk telling you what rubbish to write next. Looks like the comments did'nt match expectations of outrage so they have disabled new ones too.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Daily fail, if only they compared them to any other surplus shop and did some background research on the matter.

That would not fit the mails agenda,

If it were up to them we would all be eating with spoons and forks, as the sale of knives would be banned as they kill people.

All dogs would have to have all there teeth taken out as they are all killers too.

Any outdoor type web sites would be closed down as we are all terrorists,

All cats would be put down as they kill the wild birds.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Never used military mart YET. may well do now
To quote them military sells replica "ak47s etc all of which are capable of firing air rifle ammo"
and a few dodgy mugs daily fail needs to grow up
Had a look round his online shop I didn't spot anything worryimg

I could go into any number of shops and buy. A machete a billhook or swastikas mug (i wouldn't buy that) therefore were all psychos

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
Seriously, Daily Wail? I really hope that he doesn't have to shut down military mart or anything! That is just a complete over exaggeration of military mart. They seem to have conveniently forgotten to mention that the majority of the stuff they sell is surplus!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The problem is his "real job". He has permission to have a secondary occupation, but & its a big but, there must be no conflict of interest, if the CC has a force mandate on knives, or has any political leanings then anything that could be considered right wing will be a big no no.

Rob

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
As a buisness owner based in Merseyside, and a father of 4, i find this a disgrace. A policeman selling imitation firearms and nazi memorabilia. Conflict of interests doesnt come close. As a member of the Matrix anti gun unit, you would think he would be anti gun. He is on both sides of the fence and a hypocrite. This man gets paid out of our taxes. I personally, dont want the police selling nazi stuff and fake guns.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well it looks like the Newspaper in question has done what it set out to do and fed the fires of venom and disagreement. It's difficult this as it's wandering towards politics and that's a No-No on here as we all know. If we're going to discuss it let's steer away from the political side of things and remain pals about it.

It's sad as I'm reading Nicolas Rankins "Churchill's Wizards" at the moment about propaganda both black and white during the two World Wars. And I hoped that we were all a bit more savy against being wound up and steered on a wrong course by newspapers these days. But it seems that they're still at it. It also seems to be a bit kettle and pot calling each other black due to the nature of the papers editorials.

So keep it civil please, this isn't aimed at anyone yet, but there's a feeling growing here.

Thanks,
GB.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
As a buisness owner based in Merseyside, and a father of 4, i find this a disgrace. A policeman selling imitation firearms and nazi memorabilia. Conflict of interests doesnt come close. As a member of the Matrix anti gun unit, you would think he would be anti gun. He is on both sides of the fence and a hypocrite. This man gets paid out of our taxes. I personally, dont want the police selling nazi stuff and fake guns.

and yet the irony of youre username escapes you....

anyway thanks Daily mail for reminding me I needed to place an order with MMM for a swedish army daypack :D

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
and yet the irony of youre username escapes you....

anyway thanks Daily mail for reminding me I needed to place an order with MMM for a swedish army daypack :D

Irony too funny. Nothing against MM. The man is a policeman. Ive seen men put a gun to my Mums head for our buisness takeings. The very fact that we have a policeman selling initation guns and nazi memoribilia is very disturbing. If you want to police the community, try to be beyond reproach.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Will you be ordering nazi memoribilia and fake a ak47 John. I couldnt care less if you do. The fact that a policeman sells these things is the issue.

I had a look - I could see nothing offensive (except some of the knives were of poor design) and lots that was good quality, cheap, useful gear.
My only issue with the site was that the items I fancied buying were out of stock!
Have you looked at the site?
Or do you trust the great Daily Wail implicitly?
Why should a policeman not sell perfectly legal items?
If the government want to ban anything that might scare Daily Wail readers then they will put a lot of shops out of business....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE