Oh Dear, the Daily Mail has discovered Military Mart.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Ok....
Please do bother to google race hate crime, or gun crime on Merseyside. The man is a civil servant im a civilian. A portion of his wages are paid out of my taxes. As far as i can see this is a serious moral issue.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Will you be ordering nazi memoribilia and fake a ak47 John. I couldnt care less if you do. The fact that a policeman sells these things is the issue.

As I see it is, that the Daily Mail has seized on a few items out of a vast stock of inoffensive material and blown that out of proportion in order to make a story that is a non story. I don't doubt the same items can be found elswhere as there appears to be a market for them, they come from a wholesalers I expect. I see nothing in reality to indicate that the policeman in question is a right wing fanatic just innuendo. It is a bit like accusing a video rental store of being pro Nazi because they are renting out Das Boot.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
The Liverpool Echo was the paper that brought this to our attention. ( The people of Merseyside ) Before the Mail, or you and i had heard of this, people with a better understanding of the problems of inner city Merseyside thought this an issue. I live and work where he patrols. I too think this is an issue. Its not about MM, Its about a POLICEMAN selling nazi mem, or fake ak47, etc. If you think that is fine then do so. I disagree.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ok....
Please do bother to google race hate crime, or gun crime on Merseyside. The man is a civil servant im a civilian. A portion of his wages are paid out of my taxes. As far as i can see this is a serious moral issue.

I can see the reasons behind your thinking - but as I see it, the man is doing nothing that several hundred other retailers are doing - and it is all legal. The fact the man in question is involved in controlling the illegal use of guns and knives of all sorts puts him morally ahead of the other retailers - in my opinion at least.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Already spotted something usefull I'll be ordering
Been looking for a decent Bergan
the great Daily Snail has done it again

I had a look - I could see nothing offensive (except some of the knives were of poor design) and lots that was good quality, cheap, useful gear.
My only issue with the site was that the items I fancied buying were out of stock!
Have you looked at the site?
Or do you trust the great Daily Wail implicitly?
Why should a policeman not set perfectly legal items?
If the government want to ban anything that might scare Daily Wail readers then they will put a lot of shops out of business....

Last edited:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
If the Liverpool Echo and the DM put as much effort into Anti illegal weapons investigations and campaigns and stopped wasting police time (by whipping up public outrage to the point where the Busys have to look into it....only to find its all perfectly legal) with stuff that isn't illegal, then maybe.....just maybe, things would be better in our inner cities :)

They won't because law abiding citizens working two jobs are a much softer, easier target than real criminals.

Ammo, so sorry to hear about your mum's experience....I sincerely hope she is able to put it behind her, please pass on my best wishes and admiration for her bravery :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I really don't understand the hysteria about a gun that puts out less than two foot pounds of energy.

It is statistically proven that far more violent crime is carried out with knives - often kitchen knives. Would the same outcry happen if the man owned a cookware shop? If this silliness was based on logic, that should be a far worse thing since more crimes are committed with those items.

It is also true that the most common feature in violent crime is alcohol. So it should be far, far more reprehensible to own a pub, off licence or village shop than a shop selling replica guns with a tiny fraction of the power of those sold elsewhere (if facts have anything to do with moral outrage).

But then of course, facts and logic really aren't involved here are they?

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Heres some facts for you red. I was born in Huyton Merseyside. One of my earliest memories is when my Mum was in labour with my Sister someone put petrol through our door knowing me, my bro, and Dad where inside. When we got outside we seen NIGGERS OUT painted on our house. Now when a local bobby is selling nazi memorilbilia, i take offence. Children are immpressionable, its easy to see that police are role models, to the children of the community they patrol, are you getting the moral issue.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Heres some facts for you red. I was born in Huyton Merseyside. One of my earliest memories is when my Mum was in labour with my Sister someone put petrol through our door knowing me, my bro, and Dad where inside. When we got outside we seen NIGGERS OUT painted on our house. Now when a local bobby is selling nazi memorilbilia, i take offence. Children are immpressionable, its easy to see that police are role models, to the children of the community they patrol, are you getting the moral issue.

The persecution you suffered then was deplorable. As is the persecution this man is suffering now. Tolerance must apply to all. If a person is breaking no laws, they should be left in peace to go about their lawful business, and not be subject to unwarranted slurs and attacks.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Ammo, I'm from Liverpool originally myself and still have lots of my family there so I do understand what you are talking about. My first memory of the Liverpool plod was walking out of a chippy with my cousin in Bootle when I was 9 or 10 years old, we stopped to eat our chips and a panda car pulled up and the two coppers told us to "f*** off and stop hanging around", now having been brought up mainly in Surrey where the old bill are like social workers I was shocked by this and even more so by the choice language used to us kids and I started to express my opinion politely and calmy to the coppers, who got out of the car and smacked me one (big shock for a southern jessy like me), my cousin dragged me away and we legged it. Later my cousin and I discussed this and he said that's what coppers where like round there....totally different to Surrey coppers.

I'd be more worried about that sort of difference in policing than one guy selling things that can be bought elsewhere. I do understand your point and if that was the only thing to worry about then fine but I think there's bigger fish to fry so to speak.

Again, so so sorry to hear about the racist bigots and idiots that you've had to deal with over the years - no excuse for that....EVER!

Cheers,

Bam. :)

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
What slurs and unwarranted attacks Red.This is a conflict of interest. That is what his superiors said and i agree. The local bobby, a cornerstone of the community, a role model to our children. Is selling nazi mem and other things.
We are never going to agree so ill leave it here.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Bam.
Thanks for your kind words and shareing your experiance, of Merseyside police. Ive had similar. I understand you saying there are more important things although Anthony Walkers Mum might think this is very important.
I wish MM and every other small buisness the very best success in these harsh economic times. Its the fact that he is a policeman
Best wishes.
Ammo.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
nazi memorilbilia

Its a mug for pities sake!!

There are 100's of mugs out there with all manner of designs on them, really don't think old Adolf had one of each.

Used MM, happy with MM, will use again

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
memorabilia plural noun souvenirs of people or events.
ETYMOLOGY: 19c: Latin, meaning 'memorable things'.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I really don't understand the hysteria about a gun that puts out less than two foot pounds of energy.

It is statistically proven that far more violent crime is carried out with knives - often kitchen knives. Would the same outcry happen if the man owned a cookware shop? If this silliness was based on logic, that should be a far worse thing since more crimes are committed with those items.

It is also true that the most common feature in violent crime is alcohol. So it should be far, far more reprehensible to own a pub, off licence or village shop than a shop selling replica guns with a tiny fraction of the power of those sold elsewhere (if facts have anything to do with moral outrage).

But then of course, facts and logic really aren't involved here are they?

A good point well made. We've all had a range of experiences both bad and good with police but this guy isn't responsible for those. As far as we are all aware he hasn't broken any laws, he's paid his taxes and hasn't deliberately caused any harm. I've only ever used the online shop and haven't come across the mugs, all the other stuff is readily available at lots of the places we choose to buy our gear. It's all about choices, if you don't like his shop then choose not to spend your money there, but I can't see the point in tearing the guy down on the basis of a quiet news day for the daily mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I have to say I tend to agree with Ammo here (despite really not wanting to be that guy).
I think it is profoundly unfair to pick on someone because of their role in society and say that they cannot do or sell certain things, however we do have certain expectations of our public servants and, as said above, they should be above reproach morally.
I am a teacher (another public service role folk line up to take a pop at) and, whether I like it or not, one of the facets of my job is that I am a role model to young people and am very careful to maintain a public appearance that is above reproach. I don't get drunk in the town where I teach and my online ramblings are kept anonymous. Is this fair? Probably not, but teachers, police officers, politicians etc know the rules and should follow them.
Otherwise we get insane backlashs like this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ool-teachers-published-pictures-Facebook.html
The irony of another soft target being attacked by the daily fail is not lost on me ;)
As a copper, he should realise that selling replica firearms in a high gun crime area is at best a bit daft, at worst actively counterproductive (regardless of actual lethality, after all how many of us could spot a replica when robbed in the dark?)
Re the Nazi mug. Not illegal but certainly offensive to some and he should know the issues associated with such imagery (I would not wear that on a t-shirt to school whether it is legal or not).
That said, it is an ace shop to while away an hour or two ferreting. I hope it keeps going!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry for off-topic post, but what does that symbol after 'missing' mean?

In fact I just do not understand this post, can anyone explain please.

Thanks,

rorymax
It is a "smiley face" sometimes used to indicate that a post is lighthearted or a jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE