Oh Dear, the Daily Mail has discovered Military Mart.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
As a buisness owner based in Merseyside, and a father of 4, i find this a disgrace. A policeman selling imitation firearms and nazi memorabilia. Conflict of interests doesnt come close. As a member of the Matrix anti gun unit, you would think he would be anti gun. He is on both sides of the fence and a hypocrite. This man gets paid out of our taxes. I personally, dont want the police selling nazi stuff and fake guns.

about the AK Due to the Violent Crime Reduction, This Item is not for sale over the internet! Items must be Purchased from in store! - This item is only out of stock Online, Please call to check availability
I.D MUST be provided when purchasiing this item from our Retail Store in Ormskirk, L39 3LY - OVER 18 ONLY!

If a man works in casualty does thant mean his hobbie cannot be making or selling knives?
Is a frieman not allowed to make and sell firesteels or flint and steel sets?

It's rediculous outrage like yours that fuels rags like the DM and gets things banned for law abiding citizens, when your bushcrafting with nothing but a spoon remeber that...

and apart from a couple of helmets and a replic stick grenade I couldn't find anything remotely ww2 on the site

as far as being a copper goes unless it effects his arrest rate or is illegal I dont care a hoot what he does, frankly the politicans i've know do far worst

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have to say I tend to agree with Ammo here (despite really not wanting to be that guy).
I think it is profoundly unfair to pick on someone because of their role in society and say that they cannot do or sell certain things, however we do have certain expectations of our public servants and, as said above, they should be above reproach morally.

And yet society finantially rewards those would have very shacky morals the most :rolleyes:

'Role model' is just another contol mechanisim for the masses

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I think the irony of people being intolerant of the DM for being intolerant is lost on most. Like many of the DM stories it would be worth having a quick google for the original story it's based on. Having done so I can certainly understand Ammo's point of view.

Having said that I'm not sure a discussion about the full story is a suitable topic for this site.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
so is someone wanting to moderate a thread on a forum where they havn't been asked to do so...

No, I'm explaining why I didn't post up the full story and start discussing it as I believe it would break the forum rules.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
And yet society finantially rewards those would have very shacky morals the most :rolleyes:

'Role model' is just another contol mechanisim for the masses

Actually it's a mechanism to allow us to be lazy.

The concept of a role model means someone can outsource their kids' upbringing to someone else.

After all if someone "knows" how a role model should behave that is already a role model inside their head, so why is it up to someone else to personify it rather than the person with the standard.

If the person with the standard cannot personify it themselves.....then how can they have enough superiority to look down on others who can't match it either?

We are all examples of what can be done (for good or ill) to each other or ourselves.

Additionally

"not thinking something through deeply enough" so that it all connects something we all do every day.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Actually it's a mechanism to allow us to be lazy.

The concept of a role model means someone can outsource their kids' upbringing to someone else.

True enough but it also breeds reliance on an authority - hence control.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
So if your local Asain shopkeeper sold JIHADI JOHN MUGS, would you be offended? i would . Seriously now. If a black/brown Muslim shopkeeper sold Jihadi John mugs and ak47s, how would you feel?
MI5 would be all over him. Dont doubt that for a second, and rightly so.
Now if the owner of MM was a Muslim copper selling Jihadi John or 911 memoribilia and fake ak47s there would be uproar.
Unlike some i see no difference between.
Muslim or Christian.
Black or white.
Nazi or Al qaeda.
Lee rigby or Anthony Walker.
Merseyside police confirm 1256 race hate crimes in 2013 in Merseyside.
The police have been called ''institutionally racist ( Sir William Mcphearson )
500 Merseyside polic officers reprimanded and 4 faced disiplenary hearings after racist homophobic emails were circulated just a few years ago.
NBPA said in 2013 said racisim is rife in the police.
Mahesh Wickramasingha. killed in huyton because he wasnt white.
Anthony Walker killed in huyton because he wasnt white.
I dont expect the keyboard warriors on here to be aware of these poor men but i expect the local policeman, on whose patch these murders occured to be aware. I expect his bosses are aware, and expect each officer to do there best in easeing racial tensions.
Anyway a black muslim selling ak47 and Jihadi John mugs. Going off this thread MOST ON THIS THREAD see this as fine. Maybe im just soft in the middle like a last rolo or maybe you are .....

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
ammo, you have a ton of anger.

Maybe it would be a good idea to write a (polite) message to the owner of Military Mart pointing out the items he sells that you find offensive? Might get a more positive result than going on here at people who have nothing to do with Military Mart and have offered you sympathy for the hassle and troubles you (and your family) have received.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Ammo,

I would guess most of the posters have no means to relate to a genuine continuous threat to their existence. It is not something they can genuinely understand as real.

On the other hand they can relate to papers getting hysterical about things (not their mates). And can relate to Army surplus shops (their mates).

Add those things together and it may explain the responses.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Not anger mate. An awareness of the socio- economic- racial issues that face the people of Merseyside. Im not angry that you dont have a clue what happens by me. How can a victim of race hate crime contact the police with confidence when polic officers sell nazi mem.
When i go to Yeman they have racist dogs thier too. Im as passionate about exposeing them too.
My Mum is white, all my family except 1 are white. my support structure, the people who give me hugs, kisses lend me money, babysit my kids are all white. I have the best family a man could ask for. Im not full of anger, im full of awareness. This copper is bang out of order. Now please do go research what i posted.
ammo, you have a ton of anger.

Maybe it would be a good idea to write a (polite) message to the owner of Military Mart pointing out the items he sells that you find offensive? Might get a more positive result than going on here at people who have nothing to do with Military Mart and have offered you sympathy for the hassle and troubles you (and your family) have received.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
So if your local Asain shopkeeper sold JIHADI JOHN MUGS, would you be offended?.

Honestly no not realy unless the money was going to the cause I wouldn't be that bothered, plenty of atrocities have been carried out in the name of British historical figures and yet they are celibrated and revered

frankly enough of my tax goes to killing others I'd make sure If I did feel offened that II felt the shame of hypocrisy at the same time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
so is someone wanting to moderate a thread on a forum where they haven't been asked to do so...

Believe me chaps this thread is being moderated and I'm keeping an eye on it too. I personally feel it's sailing very close to the wind. Politics are not to be discussed on BCUK, and hiding it as a discussion on sociopolitical conditions in a community or relating to a shoddy piece of jingoistic journalism isn't on.

I tried a subtle hint earlier but the thread seems to be going down hill. I can understand how all the parties involved here feel; but don't feel this is the place to be airing those views. There are many other avenues open to all should they wish to discuss things further. (The internet is populated with sites where folks vent their spleens.) But here isn't the place.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Er GUYS GALS. I was actually interested in this thread and. Then abandoned it.... Bit to heated I could bring some points on socio-economics. EtcEtc not going to bother

Ditto Goatboy. Moderate

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
As a copper, he should realise that selling replica firearms in a high gun crime area is at best a bit daft, at worst actively counterproductive

Which will be why he does'nt do it. You have actually read the article AND understood where Military Mart is and what it sells, have'nt you? Otherwise you would just be outrage wagon jumping ....

So if your local Asain shopkeeper sold JIHADI JOHN MUGS, would you be offended?

The only people selling the image of Jihadi John are the Daily Mail and their ilk, who created the slightly jovial nickname for a murdering piece of trash and plaster his pictures all over their "newspaper" to sell it. The rest of your post which appears ( I may be wrong but it was very difficult to follow ) to try to link the man in the OP who is perfectly legally running a perfectly legal business selling items which are perfectly legal, to racism and abuse. That is , frankly, libellous.

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Not anger mate. An awareness of the socio- economic- racial issues that face the people of Merseyside. Im not angry that you dont have a clue what happens by me. How can a victim of race hate crime contact the police with confidence when polic officers sell nazi mem.
When i go to Yeman they have racist dogs thier too. Im as passionate about exposeing them too.
My Mum is white, all my family except 1 are white. my support structure, the people who give me hugs, kisses lend me money, babysit my kids are all white. I have the best family a man could ask for. Im not full of anger, im full of awareness. This copper is bang out of order. Now please do go research what i posted.
You've asked me to research - so I did.

Apart from the airsoft guns and air guns, I can't find anything you could possibly find objectionable on Military Mart.

Can you please link to one of the items you find objectionable?

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
You've asked me to research - so I did.

Apart from the airsoft guns and air guns, I can't find anything you could possibly find objectionable on Military Mart.

Can you please link to one of the items you find objectionable?

You think they are still listed after that article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE