What's your claim to fame.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Celtic Dragon said:
Basically I was on the set of Buffy and walked through the wrong door. I opened what I thought was the door to the wings and got met with a foot travelling at high speed towards my head. Reacting the only way I knew I defended myself, result, Buffy on her backside :D. I did the gentlemanly thing and picked her up and made sure she was ok. Got a hug out of it too :D:D:D:D
:super: :biggthump :You_Rock_

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Saw Julian Richards on the traina when Jamie and I went up to London a couple of weeks ago.....................Jamie didn't have a clue who he is :(

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
I used to be a game keeper down south and worked for a well to do family and most of the older royals have dropped by at some point,
Ian Botham once served him when i managed some petrol stations on the A1 and he came in with a cut hand hand (oh no ive damaged his hand but it turned out that he had done it at home ) pleased with the plaster though!

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Was on central news when the local tannery shut down. Unfortunately wearing a pinny, because we were spraying white skivers at the time (the worst kind, you know). Killed my cred completely. :(

Also know Whispering Bob. Awesome record collection.

Fish nearly ran me over.

Oh, might be distantly related to the author, Terry P....

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Bushmaster said:
Now, thats strange, I love stargate too,I wonder if it is in our make up,you know, you like bushcraft you like stargate/sci-fi.
Yup, works for me! :)
Must have a regular fix of quality sci-fi. Absolutely love Stargate!
And, more recently, Witchblade (pity it ended after only two seasons).

Gail

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2005
Surrey
I'm a direct descendant of Robert Burns.

My pal is Barry McGuigan's cousin.

Have met Robson Green and Jane Horrocks.

Oh, and probably most impressively have conversed, in person with Marco from last year's Big Brother - think I left a lasting impression ....

I know - Get me eh !!

stormy

Jun 12, 2005
e. sussex
im very good at geting drunk and falling off chairs, does that count?

ok they say my claim to fame is, bringing dead plants back to life.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Spent an afternoon trying to avoid Princess Michael of Kent and her children at a Wildlife Rescue I worked for some years back. Once we'd completed our work for the day, I slipped off with one of the volunteers to one of the portacabins to finish off half a bottle of nicely aged port instead.;)

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
meetingraycroppedsmall.jpg

nuff said.

also alan shearer came to see the house up for sale next to me.

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Erm... been an extra in a few BBC/ITV educational programs, and once in Midsommer Murders (Bantling Boy episode). My only spoken line ended up on the floor. :( Missed filimg of Gladiator opening scenes due to being busy doing other stuff..

Also been in various newspapers (English, German and Danish) and news items over the years, including with Chris Tarrant on "The Six O'Clock Show" - all history related. My mate managed to thump Tarrant on the arm with a Dane Axe

Also "starred" in an episode of "trading trasures" with the missus. High art not. It was a get the production company to pay for a boot sale pitch / buy coffee & bacon sarnies all day / buy some of our tat / fill the landie up with juice type of scam, so I've met Lorne Spicer (who?).

Oh yeah, last summer, shared a beer with Phil Harding of "Time Team" at Old Sarum after the joust.

...and finally I had a small hand in helping to design some hardware that looked to be behaving OK in the recent mechanised jaunts in that sandy oil filled place. I could tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you... :eek:

Graham.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Wayland said:
Was that a fish on a bicycle by any chance? ;)

This was when the world was in black and white, and guinness was involved...
Actually it wasn't and you probably guessed it's a big bald scotsman, singing for marillion.... :)

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
Sat next to Richard Harris for 8 hours on a plane and drank 3 bottles of bubbly with him ( the MOD payed for that :D god rest his soul).

and made Prince Charles an Egg Banjo!! (which he gobbled down like a pig)

also...

Drank a bottle of Vodka with Derek Fish , anyone remember Marillion? the guy used to drink a pint of sherry before he went on stage!!

I have also shuck hands with the president of Croatia Stjepan Mesic...he was a bit of an idiot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE