What's your claim to fame.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jakunen

Native
Kim said:
Jakunen you went to a STARGATE CONVENTION.

YOU ROCK!!! :You_Rock_

(And Michael Shanks is a God)

Yeah, a few years ago. Saw Don S. Davis, Amanda 'Chicken Legs' Tappin and Michael Shanks (whi is not a god as he's married to Lexa Doig... :rant: :eek:T: ).

Teryl Rothery was supposed to be there but had to pull out due to movie work or something :rant:

Bushmaster

Forager
Oct 17, 2004
Scotland
Now, thats strange, I love stargate too,I wonder if it is in our make up,you know, you like bushcraft you like stargate/sci-fi.Don't suppose you like Red Dwarf as well Kim?
Geoff:wink:

G

Ginja

Isn't Tim from 'The Office' meant to playing Arthur Dent in the upcoming movie?

Sorry - off topic here, just trying to bury a rumour.

G

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Bushmaster said:
Don't suppose you like Red Dwarf as well Kim?
Geoff:wink:

Are you kidding!! I love it, all but the last series that is...

but to get the thread back on track...

was in the thick of the whole Matthew Kelly arrest thing, because he was working here at the time. Dead nice bloke...wasn't so keen on the old press though!

Stephanie Beecham...very short...much shorter than you think...a very short lady.
Charles Dance...very posh.
Brian May...big hair.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I hold the record for getting "Beat the beat" in the shortest time on my local radio (In beat the beat they played roughly half of a second of a piece of music, and you had to phone in and guess what it was. The previous tune had gone unguessed for weeks (each week the prize value went up), and the winner got £2000 for guessing it. The next morning They played a new beat for the first time at 6.15 - I had been awake roughly half a minute, but realised I knew it; phoned in and got it, winning £100*. the station were a little stunned, and I drove to work with a big grin on my face...

*A measly hundred!!!! why couldn't I have waited a few weeks????

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Ooh, and my Bass Teacher was asked to be the bass player for stereophonics. He sais he doesn't regret it now though, he enjoys playing jazz and wouldn't have been able to do so playing for the 'phonics!

M

mayhem

Hi all

My Mums uncle is Gordon Murray the Creator of Trumpton and Candle Wick Green also my Nan’s Cousin was one of the colleges who helped build the Television under John Logie Baird and was recognised for dong so with a medal from the Queen.
I myself can proudly say the only person to beat me in a left handed arm-wrestle was Jeff capes a world strongest man who I challenged at a Zoo he was appearing at in Sussex well I was only 12.

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
My left boot and the bottom of my Rohans appeared in one episode of "Casualty" :eek:): I've worked on a number of TV dramas as an extra or if you want the offical title supporting artist the money is good the scran is better :biggthump
The BBC is filming "Dr who " hereabouts at the moment I got turned down for one part in it 'cos I'd just had me hair cropped :eek:):

regards

beach bum

G

Ginja

mayhem said:
My Mums uncle is Gordon Murray the Creator of Trumpton and Candle Wick Green

Wow, big flash of nostalgia when I read that! A crackin' claim to fame ... I still have a copy of the original Trumpton album (tunes on one side, stories on the other - belter!)... but I'd probably best keep quiet about that, eh :wink:

G

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Ginja said:
Wow, big flash of nostalgia when I read that! A crackin' claim to fame ... I still have a copy of the original Trumpton album (tunes on one side, stories on the other - belter!)... but I'd probably best keep quiet about that, eh :wink:

G
For those who would like to share in a bit of nostalgia and relive their childhood take a look at this site - beware it could bring on misty eye syndrome :biggthump
http://tv.cream.org/
Click on the Themes box (casette tape pic) then choose from the A-Z list at the top to hear all your fav old school progs

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Oh, i was selected to play quite a major role on casualty, but then they decided to scrap me cos my skin was too dark compared with my characters parents. (i had signed no contract either). I have done quite a few things for tv through a drama agency i attended, but won't name them cos they make me cringe :wink:

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Been on " sport on Friday " with one of the worlds best Blind cross country skiers. May he rest in eternal peace now.

I was his guide, and spent 6 days a week training with him.

beat the british number 2 (under 18) in shobo ippon kumite during a karate match. got my nose busted too.

Have met prince edward, andrew and had a great conversation with fergie. God that woman was so down to earth it is quie scary to think about really. Nice lady.

Other than that the usual papers and local tv.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
mayhem said:
My Mums uncle is Gordon Murray the Creator of Trumpton and Candle Wick Green

The kids and I love watching Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley.

mayhem said:
I myself can proudly say the only person to beat me in a left handed arm-wrestle was Jeff capes a world strongest man who I challenged at a Zoo he was appearing at in Sussex well I was only 12.

Now that is a real claim to fame to be proud of!

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE