What's your claim to fame.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Met lots of pro fighters,me dear old dad being an ex fighter and trainer.Ive met Steve Collins,Henry Cooper,Barry Mcguigan,Nigal Benn, amoungst others.Done nothing remotley famous or interesting meself mind.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i was on the bbc dressed up as a woman in a white mini dress and the full ish underneath, didnt look too bad either :eek:):

I'll be on tv in Ireland in a few days.

I've been filming a fire-making course with the RTE. It's really about a person with learning difficulties, Johnny. He came on a "course" and I taught him to to make a fire by friction. If you want to see it and you receive RTE2 it will be on on the 25th of October at 7:30. That'll be my 15 minutes of fame (Half an hour actually,.... Hahaha)

I am also starting filming soon for something quite excuisite...

The setup is that I will go into the woods with 2 families and 2 more experienced friends for 10 days. We will walk in with nothing but our clothes, and make a living out of the wild. First days will be providing shelter, fire, water and food, and then we'll be working on all the things our ancestors would have done, such as braintanning, flintknapping, making clothes, making canoes, making grassmats, Tracking animals, hunting, trapping, pottery and weaving, and on and on and on... The show will go for one program per week for 10 weeks and will be kinda a mix between reality TV and a documentary.

We are in negotiations currently with the BBC or RTE. I hope it will be the BBC who will show it in the end as it'll reach many more people. Including you lot!

I hope to be able to tell you more soon!

Anthonio Akkermans

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I was born in the same room as Ryan Giggs, in St Davids hospital.

The author Bernice Rubens is a friend of the family (although she died two days ago).

Gruff, the lead singer of super furry animals is also a friend of ours, sort of.

My great Uncle was Congo Joe Rollnick! He broke the bank of Montecarlo twice, only to lose it all on both occasions.

M

Metala Cabinet

My brother used to work with someone who previously had had a job as dustbinman to Roger Moore's ex-wife. (This is true)

Beat that!

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
My mum once went on a date with one of the Rolling Stones, the dead one.

:shock:

Obviously he wasn't dead at the time.

Bushmaster

Forager
Oct 17, 2004
Scotland
I was on TVAM when i was in the Gulf war and met Kate Adie.(you know it's real serious when she shows up.lol) I then went on two more times when I got back and I got to Kiss Ulrikakaka. Before Sven may I add.lol. I also met Bobby davro,Dani Minogue,Boy George(really nice guy) and Timmy Mallet(total prat).Kim Wilde and Loraine Kelly who I must say is 20x more beautiful in real life than on the telly.And Mike Morris,what happened to him?
After I was on my kids were on the front of the daily express in a picture bigger than the other one which was of Maggie Thatcher.
45 mins of fame or what.Still no use now........still gotto work for a living.lol

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I have been in local papers a few times with Judo and Scouts and written a few small articles. I met the King of Sweden and Mary Robinson(former president of Ireland) and I believe Eammon DeValeria when I was nipper.

My brother had coffee with Doctor Spook and My wife once nearly knocked over our PM on Grafton St she never notice him and didn't apologize he just stood there dumbstruck. In fairness I had just bought the Engagement ring.

James

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I've been on stage at the London palladium during a pantomime with the Honey Monster.!! :shock: I had to play the drums and I remember one of the dancers, the most gorgeous woman I'd ever seen winking at me :naughty:

G

Ginja

Used to be a music journalist (for the Guardian amongst others), so have met plenty of rockstars/celebs. Favourite of all time was spending 3 hours interviewing Bjork, listening to her describe her teenage (s)exploits in Iceland. Loved it, though could print virtually none of it!

G :)

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I met Gerry Anderson when he was launching the Thunderbirds DVD's a few years back - he had Jeff Tracy & Parker with him too!

Also when I was shooting Practical Pistol back before the ban, I was taking a leak when the then world champion, Bob Dunkley, came in and used the urinal next to me - I didn't ask for his autograph, he seemed busy. :?:

Dave

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I think if I met anyone from scifi/fantasy I'd turn into a jibbering wreck...and I'm not the kind of girl who turns into a jibbering wreck.

:eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE