What's your claim to fame.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
As the title says....What's your claim to fame?

What have you done that is pretty unique?...

Who have you met, who have sat next to?

Have you been on TV, in a film, been an extra.

Have you helped someone famous get out of trouble :yikes: ?

Have you worked for anybody famous?

Have you sold anything to anybody of interest?

Go on...here is your chance to names drop like hell!

I will start..............I once asked Bruce Forsyth if he wanted a Cola Cube.......he said no but gave me his auotgraph instead :cry:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
well we had ollie reed living here in guernsey so i have had a pint or two with him and also jimmy savil ones did a walk here for charity so got his autograph roger more used to own a house her for a short while that we did the gardening in :wave:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Well i've seen a couple of the lord of the rings actors including elijah wood at some sort of sci-fi convention didn't speak to them though or get there autographs (you had to pay £15 for a autograph!!) and my sister has met and got the autograph of the old guy from the american buffty vampire thing.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
we also had a private concert by sir cliff richard before he was nighted at school i was only ten then got to shake his hand after :wave:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Ive been on the telly a couple of times on Pet programs with my spiders Chris Packam has been around my house and a kids program on milk shake has filmed my spiders, i have also done filming for nigel marvins Giants program oh and my mate is Jeff Brazier on the farm oh and i know his ex Jade from big brother :wink: oh and i know Gary of Bearclaw bushcraft :shock: that tops the pops :rolmao: :wink: :You_Rock_ G

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Been on TV when I was about 8-10 years old.
I have met (and got his autograph) the only person (foreigner) who has sailed up the Yangtze river in China. He's a real adventurer with 3 circumnavigations around the globe.
Met one of Denmarks best stand up entertainers.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Oh yes, my dad has been in the newspaper several times and in one of them they mentioned out yearly bushcraft trip to Sweden. :eek:):

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I was once the worlds youngest person :wink:

Oh, and I (as part of team GB) fought the south Korean national team in a Tae Kwon-Do tournament in Seoul... I got my butt kicked comprehensively in front of 600,000 spectators :naughty:

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Met/spoken to on 'phone.... Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Paul Weller, Hank Wangford, Thom Yorke, Jack Dee, David Bowie, Shane McGowan..And a few other vaguely famous folk.

Been in local papers for getting stabbed...

More recently I have studiously avoided getting involved in the James Whale radio thingy although they 'phoned a few times to ask me to go on, that one is vaguely bushcraft/survival related BTW. They want a 2 minute "piece" which contains a gem of wisdom.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I was an extra on Gladiator and actually worked on a scene with Russell Crowe althought that scene got cut! Wonder why?

I was also in several tv programmes - in A documentary by the BBC I was a saxon warrior who lighted a fire with flint and steel - good scene as we filmed it at 5 in the morning and as I blew the bundle to life the embers where jumping into my beard - look great on film!

Oh and I met the Queen Mum (god bless her) while I was in the army.

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
I used to work on the Links here in St. Andrews transporting golfers around the various courses (summer job!) and managed to drive Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood and some other b-list celebs around! Sean's hat got blown off and I ran half way down the fairway to get it and he still didn't give a tip!

leon-1

Well here are a couple.

Firstly I work with a guy called James Bond (doesn't like being called James).

Secondly James Bond stole my sportsbag, a mix up in an airport resulted in Sean Connery picking up my sportsbag and wandering of with it, he would of had one hell of a shock if he had opened it (I was on a course with the military and some of the stuff I had in there I had to justify to customs), needless to say I caught up with him before he got out of the terminal, He's a big guy. :eek:):

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
I used to work as an usher at a theatre, so I met a few actors, as most of them would drink in the bar after a show.

One of the McGann brothers (not the one in Withnail and I!) bought me a drink as I was a poor student at the time.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
:wave: The list is way too long to put down here, but I'll list a few.

I met John Wayne at a friends birthday party when I was 14 or so. Was in real life just like he was in the movies. He got drunk and fell over the table of food, so we got rid of him and went out for food. :eek:):

My Dad used to manage a fledgling rock band in the mid sixties, so I met Santana, Big Brother w/Janis Joplin, Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplain, Paul Butterfield, etc.

Was an extra in an episode of "Streets of San Francisco". The one about a jewel studded dog collar. The part my wife, myself and two of our Irish Setters were in took place as a dog show at the cow palace. Interesting stuff.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Er,

Well, when my dad was doing his national service in Germany, he knew Shirley Bassey. A right lush, she was, apparently.

And for a year or so, I lived next door to Bobby Knutt.

I might very well be a second cousin, several times removed, to Michael Palin (since he's from Sheffield, like me, and I had a great aunt whose name was Palin).

Er, I'm running out of stuff, already.....

Well, Howard Jones came and did a concert at my comprehensive school, because we raised the most money for (I think it was) "Feed the world"...

What else...........

er,

My cousin has a neighbour who has a cat that once shat in the garden of this bloke whose brother in law once refereed a sunday league match and in the crowd there was this bloke who went for a pint afterwards in a pub that belonged to the wecon duke of westminster, and we all know what THAT means, don't we ;)

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE