STUPIDLY SIMPLE Midge Repel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Hardly a controlled trial, but I have been away for a few days and used the SSMR for the first three - not a nibble. Yesterday, I gave it a miss and had about a dozen bites. Today I wiped a bit on and not a nibble again. I know I live in the softie south and not oop north but well impressed - Great stuff :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hardly a controlled trial, but I have been away for a few days and used the SSMR for the first three - not a nibble. Yesterday, I gave it a miss and had about a dozen bites. Today I wiped a bit on and not a nibble again. I know I live in the softie south and not oop north but well impressed - Great stuff :)

Good news indeed, I have a couple of tins on the way but the horseflies were after me again today and yesterday.

Nothing more annoying than seeing the persistent shadow of one trying to get to your back when out walking, swatting it away only for it to come back in again. I hate 'em.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Good news indeed, I have a couple of tins on the way but the horseflies were after me again today and yesterday.

Nothing more annoying than seeing the persistent shadow of one trying to get to your back when out walking, swatting it away only for it to come back in again. I hate 'em.

Good stuff Rich. Although I have to say I offered some to Shiv, who took one smell and decided she'd rather be bitten, but then it was Shiv......lol

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good stuff Rich. Although I have to say I offered some to Shiv, who took one smell and decided she'd rather be bitten, but then it was Shiv......lol

:lol:

She won't want to smell all tarry. Couple of cleg bites and she'll be smearing it all over ;)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Arrived today, thanks Fiona. Smells quite nice, though Madam might dispute that. Certainly smells like it should be effective, so thanks very much.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
The 'Scoff-less' has arrived.
Trial to start soon.
One question if I may, I get the instruction 'Apply sparingly to whole body and rub in'
The instrustion after reads, 'If guarding against chiggers apply where you would deodorant'.
So the armpit area?

Best.

Cat.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The 'Scoff-less' has arrived.
Trial to start soon.
One question if I may, I get the instruction 'Apply sparingly to whole body and rub in'
The instrustion after reads, 'If guarding against chiggers apply where you would deodorant'.
So the armpit area?

Best.

Cat.

UUMM that wording is a bit vague. Chiggers go where other buggalugs fears to go. Saying apply to whole body but really make sure it is applied to belt lines, bras lines, armpits, knees, and between the cheeks and underneth. But dont apply internally, under foreskin and labia minora is internal.

xylaria

It took me ages to think up a polite way of saying cracks not curtains.

The bigger tins are in 30ml/@40gms BTW.

3.50 per 15ml/20gm Tin
6.00 per 30ml/40gm Tin

Postage and packing included in price. Payment paypal. PM me your e-mail and postage address I will post second class normal same day.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
mine arrived yesterday but the wife was out so its gone back to the depot, i will collect it tommorrow and do a full report ASAP thanks for the chance to try ,atb wayne

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
First impressions of the Ectoparasitic AntifeedanT oil, or EAT oil ( to me. )
Conditions. Bloody hot! 3 mile dog walk taking about 1 hour through fields with sheep in, long seed grasses and mixed woodland.
Small river following the valley, in the Exmoor Nationl park.
The light oil mix goes on easily and spreads well, no staining to my white vest top where it comes into contact with my skin.
The smell I am not over keen on, I actively like the way that 'Stupidly Simple Midge repel' smells ( as i do Wilmas Nordic Summer )
This however is not a nice smell imho. HOWEVER, it is not, in anyway horrible.
Does it work? Early days ( well, just the one actually! ) but here is the news.. It is marketed as an antifeedant, but in order to feed, the blighters have to land!
This stuff worked as well as the Midge Repel at keeping them off! they just did not want to go there!!
I am talking, mainly, about the bane of my walks at this time of year, Horse Flies.
As a modest control ( of sorts ) I took my top off through the last field on my way back and was bitten twice by Horse Flies on my back.
No bites around my bare ankles through the long grass ( I wore no socks with low cut trainers and shorts, vest top. wanted plenty of bare skin. )
Or on my legs or arms or back of my neck where the EAT oil was applied.

More reports over the comming days and weeks...

da C.

xylaria

the smell is due the neem oil. On its own it smells like a retting bucket [sewage rotting veg], the other oils are geranium rose, lavender, lemon eucalyptus and citronella. They all repel various critters. The best I could manage with the combination was retting pale in a flower garden smell.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
EAT Oil is a good name!..........Mine arrived yesterday, and I started with it today, applied as suggested. First off, I didn't find the Neem smell in the least bit hard to take in these concentrations, hardly noticed it once it was on me, and the other oils are a very pleasant mask for it...........very different to the neat stuff, which is rank beyond words!

Left the house at 5.30 this morning and walked with Molly along a 6-7 mile stretch of the Wye Valley Walk, high up and directly above the river; stopped and had a brew and b'fast, mooched about a little and returned the way we'd come, about 4 1/2 hrs all told. Extremely warm and this part is notorious for all the flying biting critters in existence - once I'd set off I thought I'd made a big boo-boo by not using the SSMR, but I wanted to try the new one "clean".

Got back around 11.30 and took a shower, not a single bite anywhere...........almost unheard of on a day like this for me.............put another dose on and went to work a little with a pair of horses I'm doing for someone. Too hot to work them, but I spent 2 hrs. with them in the paddock and around their field shelter and the place was alive with the buggers............again, not a single bite!

This is an extremely promising start - I'll keep on using it and post on here to keep all informed.................................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE