SOG hunter revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Hoodoo said:
Ok, now I'm confused. I thought this did not come without the gut hook and serrations. Brigade Quartermasters shows a plain edged model with no guthook.

:confused:

Hmmmm :confused:

Robbie?

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Leon, I think most people knew that. The question is about the revolver in general. I think lots of people thought like I did, that there were only two configurations, one with the gut hook and straight edge, and another model with a partially serrated blade. I even went to the SOG website once and could only find those two configurations.

Revolver

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Ok, here's what BQM told me. They only have the partially serrated version. Evidently it was originally available without serrations but no longer.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I know Robbie's gone quiet on this thread.
I've e-mailed himas he's probably the best person to clear it up. That link sure looks like a non guthook option without the serrations

Jul 4, 2005
U.S.A.
img83.echo.cx
Must be an older version. I did a search on google for a plain edged SEAL Revolver and there are a TON of links. :eek: click here

The funny thing is that most of them are listed as being made out of AUS-6 stainless steel...... weird :confused:

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Sorry I am a little late on responding, been very busy. I have been reading the forums every day but could not respond until now.

There was never a "plain edge" clip point (SEAL) model produced, the pictures of a plain edge were taken of a "prototype" that was never made. :cool:

Except for one and it was a prototype, wish I knew where it was... :rolleyes:

So................to sum it all up, there are no plain edge blades except the Hunter with gut hook and the Tanto blade on the Double Action models..............maybe there will be though, I sure hope so.

Socintel, as you said, there are a TON of links that list the Revolver series as having AUS-6 steel, I sent many emails to many sites to ask them to correct this, I could not reach them all. :(

All the SOG Revolver knives have AUS-8 stainless steel. Thanks a bunch for all the interest and please contact me anytime if I can help.

Robbie Roberson ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm so relieved someone finally sorted this all out; I could not for the life of me work out why I had been interested in a kniife with a gut hook :confused: and was sure the one I'd originally looked at didn't have this or serrations either.
Robbie you must get sick and tired having to explain all of this to folks, thanks for the patience,
Cheers,
Toddy

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Robbie Roberson said:
There was never a "plain edge" clip point (SEAL) model produced, the pictures of a plain edge were taken of a "prototype" that was never made. :cool:

Except for one and it was a prototype, wish I knew where it was... :rolleyes:

Thanks Robbie. At least I know I'm not going insane now. :D

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
No body is crazy, :p glad I could help, just wish I could provide a blade shape for everyone because the Revolver is a very handy and versatile knife.

The clip blade, satin finish "SEAL" model (shown below) is the closest blade design to the drop point mentioned here on these forums.

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_...ty_knives/sog_revolver_blacktini_coating.html

I still can't figure out for the life of me why I did not think of this idea (Blade/saw in a straight knife design) 30 years ago when I could have used it so much more. :(

Thanks again for the interest. :)

Robbie Roberson ;)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
OK cheers, just didn't want it to missing.
Sounds like you're struggling atm :(
Hope you're better soon

Cheers

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Dare I ask what you have/ had?
Thanks for posting it, I'll have it on Monday then...
Are you going to MM next weekend?

Cheers

Mark

R

Razorback-Knives

Hello, Robbie is a personal friend of mine and I'm glad to see everyone giving the Revolver a try. I have one and it's part of my regular outdoor gear. Robbie told me about this forum so I'll be reading probably more then posting for awhile. :) Thanks
Scott
"Tools for the serious outdoorsman"
www.razorback-knives.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE