Next Midlands Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
Sorry its so late in the day but can I squeeze in at the last minute. Didn't think I could make this but can now. Would be under a Tarp on the ground.

Paul.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Sorry its so late in the day but can I squeeze in at the last minute. Didn't think I could make this but can now. Would be under a Tarp on the ground.

Paul.

Should be ok but check with Decorum(he facilitates it you know), insert yourself alphabetically from the last list further down this thread mate. :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Having been talking to Decorum offline about archery he said that a few people were after alloy tubing "like arrow shafts" and could I bring some

What I'd suggest is that people ask Peter if he'd prefer a trade or a small fee - Feel free to register interest in this thread but please don't innundate him with P.M's (Nothing has been said, it's just me trying to be pre-emptive).

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
It'll be good to see you again, it's been too long.

Yes sorry its been a while. But at least we will have a lot to catch up on. Busier than it used to be eh! How do you all sit round the fire?

Addo - Tarp / Hammock or Bivi
Andy2112 +1 poss - tents or bivvi
Aragorn - haven't made me mind up
Bernie and Maxine - Hammocks or caravan
Bodge + kids tarp tent or something.
Bushcraft bailey - tarp & hammock
decorum - probably ground again
Dingo - Tarp/Hammock or bivi
EEM +1 tent (fri night only)
firecrest - tent.
Gwhtbushcraft + dad (hammock & tent) sat night only
Heath - Hammock
Mesquite +1 - Tarp & bivi
PeterH +1 jnr - Hammocks
PJ McBear - Hammock (possibly + Singeblister)
Rob van Winkle - Tent
Ratbag - hammock
Scrumpy - Scrumpy jr - Hammocks
shaggystu - tarp and bivi (poss+1 - tent)
SimonM - Tarp & Hammock
Skint - Tarp & bivi
SOAR ........ (Jan maybe) Either Hammock tarp or Tipi if Jans going.
spamel - probably hammock
T1tch - Hammock
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland and the megatarp again.
Woodstock - Hammock?

I have taken Whichdoctor and SimonM off the list. Hope thats right?

Paul

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
What I'd suggest is that people ask Peter if he'd prefer a trade or a small fee - Feel free to register interest in this thread but please don't innundate him with P.M's (Nothing has been said, it's just me trying to be pre-emptive).

I've nothing to trade as such but i have aquired a quantity of reflective armbands which snap round the arm. I thought i would give the kids one each, and if there was any left, anyone who wants one could have one !

I am thinking of stripping out the metal band then glueing two together and use them as a marker on my tent/tarp to locate them in the dark with a torch. Also got some filter coffee i am bringing along if anyone wants a coffee over the weekend. :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What's the earliest we can be on site ? without paying the extra fee. I can't remember off hand

I asked Dec if it was ok to arrive around 2'ish and he thought that would be ok but would check. He hasn't come back saying otherwise so I'm assuming any time after 2 will be fine.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
What's the earliest we can be on site ? without paying the extra fee. I can't remember off hand

I'm pretty sure I checked to make sure we'd be to arrive from 2pm onwards (I have a somewhat ... infamous .... memory :confused: :eek: :(
sick0013.gif
). I've a tree to make sure of before we go on site so 'it'll be fine' :eek: . We, as 'overnighters', haven't been asked to pay the day fee so far - but never count on that lasting for ever.

I asked Dec if it was ok to arrive around 2'ish and he thought that would be ok but would check.

Erm ....
fighting0056.gif

He hasn't come back saying otherwise so I'm assuming any time after 2 will be fine.

Erm ....
fighting0083.gif

Gailainne

Life Member
I really REALLY want to come down to this guys, but its 5 1/2 hrs drive, 7 hrs by train and £200 plus by plane, :( .

It would be really good to meet up with you lot again, I'll see how fit I am tomorrow :rolleyes: if its a go I'll pack the car and head South straight from work, thats Friday, should arrive 6 ish (To the people who know me, aint a silver sports car any more, its red :cool: still a two seater tho :D )

BTW I know certain members enjoy the produce from a certain service station on the way south, (Whats it called again ;) ) I'll be happy to stop in and do a "shop" for you, caveat, IF I am coming, I'll let you know for def tomorrow.

Regards

Stephen

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I've done the curry at home this time dall I will leave it to mature and soften the dall for a few days there should be enough for everyone, the meat can be added to it Fri T1tch is coming over tomorrow for some shooting so hope we get some meat as its been very quite recently

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I really REALLY want to come down to this guys, but its 5 1/2 hrs drive, 7 hrs by train and £200 plus by plane, :( .

It would be really good to meet up with you lot again, [snip]

Ah, go on.
Go on, go on.
Go on, go on, go on.
You will.
You will, you will, you will.

Be good to see you there mate

Rat

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
[tempting fate]
Weather's looking pretty nice for the weekend... 20C and sunny for Saturday :)
[/tempting fate]

Just as an aside, Warwick Castle are currently doing free adult entry in September so if you have a couple of spare hours it's only 20 mins away and well worth a visit.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Blimey :eek: , looks like there's about 40 for this weekend. I can't make it due to family visiting but I did get down to the Reading meet last weekend so I am not feeling too left out :)

Hope you all have a good one :D

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Shame Bootstrap, hopefully i'm bringing a few different dry bannock mixes for everyone to try, as the infamous port bannock went down a treat at the last meet. see you at the next one mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE