Next Midlands Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Great to see you all again and the weather was excellent I had a brilliant weekend only one thing when Mark dropped me home we realised that I had left the curry pot ....:eek: see you soon guys

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Both me and Jan had an excellent time, big thanks to Dec, good to see you guys again and to meet with some new folk, great weekend and great company.

Gailainne

Life Member
Yeah home ! got in about 19:25, so about 4:30 hrs :D , a LOT better than the 7:30 hrs down:(

Good weekend, nice to meet up with the some new faces, and get re-aquainted with people I had'nt seen for a while.

Thanks Decorum for organising it.

Cheers

Stephen

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
another great weekend, thanks to Dec for organising and everyone else for making it a cracking meet. got plenty of chillin done, just what I needed, was great to meet up with some old faces and and put new faces to names.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Yeah home ! got in about 19:25, so about 4:30 hrs :D , a LOT better than the 7:30 hrs down:(

Good weekend, nice to meet up with the some new faces, and get re-aquainted with people I had'nt seen for a while.

Thanks Decorum for organising it.

Cheers

Stephen
You done well to get home that quick Stephen,nice to meet you again don't forget to dig out the info on them clips for me,all the best

Bernie

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks to Dec and great to meet old and new faces. Ill let you all know how the fire bow works when its dried out. hopefully with photos but don't hold your breath. ;)

Gailainne

Life Member
Thanks to Dec and great to meet old and new faces. Ill let you all know how the fire bow works when its dried out. hopefully with photos but don't hold your breath. ;)

Remember the wood you harvested was the best available on site, there are better out there, do a forum search, you should get a better idea of what woods to use.

Good to see you again, good luck with your degree.

Regards

Stephen

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire

Keep at it. Like Stephen says do a search and get all the help you can, time will help build your stength and method.
One method ive seen work rearly well that I'll be trying is a thin hazel spindle about 10-12mm dia and a Lime baseboard. The faster spindle speed should help. Just one of many ways though. Ivy is very good if you can get it as a board or spindle.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Thanks to Dec for organising a great meet and to everyone who came along for the company. It's a great little site. Even being giggled at by a troop of scounts for my "cowboy" hat (Yeehaa!) couldn't spoil it....

And thanks to everyone participated in my clear-some-space sale. Remember to keep your receipt if you want to return or exchange any goods.... :D

Ratbag Trading Ltd

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I had a great time, shame I couldn't have stayed longer. Thanks Decorum for organising it and thanks to Mesquite and Wayland for guidance.
Heath

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Once again, thanks to Decorum for a wonderful meet. I do like the Rough Close site and this time it was just a Mushroom Fest....:headbang:Must have been the blood sacrifice that Titch made. ;)

Thanks to everyone else who turns up too. It's the blend of skills and company that make meets like this the great pleasure they are.

Even with all the packing, traveling there, set up, take down, traveling back and unpacking, I always find myself "charged up" and full of new ideas after a meet.

The only problem is I'm always looking forward to the next one as well.........:You_Rock_

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Even with all the packing, traveling there, set up, take down, traveling back and unpacking, I always find myself "charged up" and full of new ideas after a meet.

The only problem is I'm always looking forward to the next one as well.........:You_Rock_

I know what you mean Gary, I throughly enjoyed myself at the meet. It was great meeting new faces and renewing friendships. It just gets better and better every time.

Decorum certainly deserves the little gift we got for him for providing such a good place to meet and all the 'facilitating' he does behind the scenes for it to go so smoothly. Many thanks Dec.... :You_Rock_

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Had a great time - v. relaxing and company great as always.

If anyone picked up the "strap-hinge" pot-stand I left by the main fire, could they bring it along to the next one? I totally forgot about it when I was packing up. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Great to see you all again and the weather was excellent I had a brilliant weekend only one thing when Mark dropped me home we realised that I had left the curry pot ....:eek: see you soon guys

Had a great time - v. relaxing and company great as always.

If anyone picked up the "strap-hinge" post-stand I left by the main fire, could they bring it along to the next one? I totally forgot about it when I was packing up. :)

Decorum has those bits I think guys, I'm sure he'll be along soon to tell you himself.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Decorum certainly deserves the little gift we got for him

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all involved in getting this together. Usually I don't do 'emotional responses' but I really do appreciate the 'gift' and, even more so, the running around to organise it and the generosity of all involved. I'm still more than a little gob-smacked and a bit at a loss as to understanding how the little I've done warrants such generosity - it's not me who's responsible for these Meets; it's those who come along.

Thankyou all :notworthy :You_Rock_ .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE