Next Midlands Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those who came along (sorry to hear that you're ill George and I hope you feel better soon) for making yet another fun and relaxing weekend. Hopefully everyone's gone home with a bit more charge in their battery.

curry pot

Got it ...

"strap-hinge" pot-stand

Got it ...

Anyone missing a bungy cord?

Are the items needed before the next Meet? - I should have an idea of possible dates within the next week ;) .

My thanks to SOAR - I now have full support on the next tent :D .

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cheers for a great weekend Dec, sorry to all who were pestered by Captain Chunder. :eek: Let it be known that I had a word in his shell like, but unfortunately I think it went in one ear and out the other. Needless to say, I probably won't bring Captain Chunder along again. Thanks to Gary for his patience and understanding with the little toe rag and the discusion on camera terminology and what it all means. I think I have a better understanding now then I did before. Still gonna need to play around a bit though, thank God for digital photography as 35mm film would be costing me a fortune!

eem

May 28, 2008
solihull
thanks to everyone for their generosity and patience with the two of us. Special thanks to cool headed dec for putting the jet boil out whilst risking potential shrapnel wounds.

I can now identify an amethyst deceiver, collect bracken leaves and clean a frying pan using ashes from the fire.

a great day all round.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I have a litte greivance - something bit me at the meet! I don't *think* it was any of you guys though ;) I have a couple of regular insect bites one my legs but also one thats got rather large, about an inch across, though its just flat and red its very itchy. what bites like that?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have a litte greivance - something bit me at the meet! I don't *think* it was any of you guys though ;) I have a couple of regular insect bites one my legs but also one thats got rather large, about an inch across, though its just flat and red its very itchy. what bites like that?

A one toothed vampyre? Got bitten by the same one I think, I've got a nasty bump on my forearm. Shame it wasn't on my upper arm, it would have given the impression that I have some muscle there! :lmao:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
sorry to all who were pestered by Captain Chunder.

It happens - at least he suffered for it :D. How much of his hide has been used to make the repairs?

thanks to everyone for their generosity and patience with the two of us.

No worries; we all learn 'stuff' at Meets.

Special thanks to cool headed dec for putting the jet boil out whilst risking potential shrapnel wounds.

Nothing anyone else couldn't have done - the cannister was still cold so, unless its seal had malfunctioned, there was no real hazard.

I'll add my own my special thanks to woodstock for dealing with T1tch's injury so quickly and efficiently - how's it doing T1tch? And thanks also go to Wayland for his skill with a needle
sign0098.gif
winking0047.gif

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
something bit me at the meet! ... I have a couple of regular insect bites one my legs but also one thats got rather large, about an inch across, though its just flat and red its very itchy. what bites like that?

We do have some voracious beasties on site. I found several bites when I got home - at first I wondered how they'd bitten through my boots :yikes: ; but logically I must have been bitten whilst asleep.

EDIT: I've had mozzie bites of a similar nature - It sounds similar to what sometimes happens when you brush off or 'splat' a mozzie whilst its beak is inserted but it hasn't actually done the deed.

Got bitten by the same one I think, I've got a nasty bump on my forearm. ...

Did anything bite your brother? Anything that did didn't bite anyone else :D .

... Shame it wasn't on my upper arm, it would have given the impression that I have some muscle there! :lmao:

Is the extra weight making you walk round in circles :D

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
My thanks to SOAR - I now have full support on the next tent .

Glad to hear it mate.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Anyone missing a bungy cord?
Is it a multi coloured one that would be mine as well I think I also leff my wool blanket in Marks car .......Oh and my head has anyone found my head :sulkoff:

Are the items needed before the next Meet? - I should have an idea of possible dates within the next week ;) .

If I need the pot Dec I'll pm you and arrange to pick it up..cheers

My thanks to SOAR - I now have full support on the next tent :D .[/QUOTE]

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Is it a multi coloured one that would be mine as well I think I also leff my wool blanket in Marks car .......Oh and my head has anyone found my head :sulkoff:

It's predominently yellow and was picked up in the right area for it to belong to T1tch or yourself - having seen the effort going into making sure the ground was clear I know that it wasn't there prior to the Meet :lmao: .

EDIT:
If I need the pot Dec I'll pm you and arrange to pick it up..cheers

I can easily drop it into work for you - should get some people slightly worried
scared0016.gif
scared0018.gif

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Well, you know the 'Quick reply' box where you typed the above question? Under that there are two buttons ..... 'Post quick reply' and 'Go advanced'.

Instead of typing in the 'Quick reply' box, hit the 'Go advanced' button and all will be revealed.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
They arent there for me! the smilies don't like me! the FAQ gives me a list of the commands though
:beerchug:

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Might have sussed this for you.

Go to 'User CP' at the top of the page,
Click on 'Edit options',
Scroll to the bottom of the page,
In the 'Miscellaneous options' section change to 'Enhanced interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing',
Click the 'Save changes' button.

Hopefully now you should see the Smilies when you click the 'Go Advanced' button.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE