Midlands November '09 'Re-enactment Market' Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Any idea when we can turn up to this one Steve? I've booked the Friday off so I've got nothing but time on my hands, was hoping to sort an internal tripod for the Polski lavvu before it gets dark...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Any idea when we can turn up to this one Steve? I've booked the Friday off so I've got nothing but time on my hands, was hoping to sort an internal tripod for the Polski lavvu before it gets dark...

I'm sure Phil will be along to answer this but if I remember rightly the site prefer folks to arrive after 5.

However, there might be a bit of leeway to be a bit earlier as it's dark by then but don't quote me on it

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm really looking forward to trying the Polish tipi, but the weather report makes me think a hammock as back-up might be wise. Anyone built a Tom Sawyer type raft in the woods before? Might be on the agenda...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I'm really looking forward to trying the Polish tipi, but the weather report makes me think a hammock as back-up might be wise. Anyone built a Tom Sawyer type raft in the woods before? Might be on the agenda...

Take both, I am sure you'll be fine in the Polish Tent set-up, the whole place doesn't flood, well, not all of it :D :theyareon

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I planned on bringing both, thought it would be nice to crawl into a bag on the floor for a change, going to be mulling some cider this time round a la Wayland at the last one...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I planned on bringing both, thought it would be nice to crawl into a bag on the floor for a change, going to be mulling some cider this time round a la Wayland at the last one...

Maybe we need to do this in a big pan so we can dip our mugs in when needed
beerhappy.gif

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hmm, looks like were in for a lively weekend weather wise, heavy rain and gale force winds!... having never been in rough close before, what species and age of trees are we pitching amongst? we could have more firewood on our hands ... (and heads) than we bargained for! :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
hmm, looks like were in for a lively weekend weather wise, heavy rain and gale force winds!... having never been in rough close before, what species and age of trees are we pitching amongst? we could have more firewood on our hands ... (and heads) than we bargained for! :)

In the area we'll be using there's well established oak, birch, ash, alder to name a few species and loads of hazel. The age varies from birch that are probably about 20 years plus old to 100 years plus for some of the oaks

As you say the weather forcast looks interesting for sure

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE