Midlands November '09 'Re-enactment Market' Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
LOL...I know, Maybe Phil can get a big sponge out ...
Twodogs

Only problem is with that is Phil won't be there, he's off for a prance.. opps sorry dance :rolleyes:

He hasn't shared the location of the big sponge with Gary and myself so you better bring your own sponges :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Whats the state of the ground up there at the moment Phil?
Twodogs

No idea at the mo, I'm about 10 miles away and my eye sight isn't quite that good :p - but I'd say that Steve's about right with:
: Need you ask after all the rain we've just had.

It'll be boggy on the paths for sure :D

From experience - the paths down in the bottom corner will be more than mildly moist. The majority of the ground on PC11, however, 'should' be reasonably ok. The local weather forecast is for more rain this week :Wow: .

If it's remotely likely to rain then I'd advise that folk pitch away from ditches, depressions and to not take advantge of a comfortable bed of moss!

LOL...I know, Maybe Phil can get a big sponge out ...
Twodogs

:lmao: I'm no sponger! :lmao:

Only problem is with that is Phil won't be there, he's off for a prance.. opps sorry dance :rolleyes:

:eek: Oi! :eek: Salt and wound, salt and wound :lmao: .

... He hasn't shared the location of the big sponge with Gary and myself so you better bring your own sponges :D

The ground is the sponge - once it becomes saturated the run off and standing water can be quite impressive :yikes: .

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Martin set me the photos of the great swomp meet ..eck...
Twodogs

You mean this one? It was a trifle damp for that meet :rolleyes:

mycamp2.jpg

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
If it's remotely likely to rain then I'd advise that folk pitch away from ditches, depressions and to not take advantge of a comfortable bed of moss!

Oh yes, tie yourself high up in a tree would be my advise. My moss waterbed was comfy though :eek:.

They are filming the sequel to A River Runs Through It next year.:lmao:

Have a good un folks, pity i can't make this one.:(

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Can't wait for this weekend. It's going to be great to meet up with a few faces off here.

I'm hoping my tent holds up as it is officially getting retired at the end of this year for something a little less leaky.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya muddy, i think decorum has a point re camping in streams! if your tent is that leaky your quite welcome to borrow a spare hammock, i dont think theres a huge improvement on the horizon.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
hiya muddy, i think decorum has a point re camping in streams! if your tent is that leaky your quite welcome to borrow a spare hammock, i dont think theres a huge improvement on the horizon.

Many thanks Woodspirits that's a really thoughtful offer.

I think the tent should be ok it has survived a couple of years at Santa Pod getting battered and rained on. Last time it was out of the bag was a canoe trip and it seemed ok although it's pretty faded. I've got a tarp I intend to throw up if it looks like it's given up the ghost.

If it leaks it's a good excuse to buy a new un. I've had my eye on a Vango.

Again cheers for the offer though.

As it stands at the moment I am hoping to get there early / mid morning on the saturday.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE