Midlands November '09 'Re-enactment Market' Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks to Phil for sorting this, and to Mesquite and Wayland for seeing it through in Phil's absence! I've never seen so much food, drink and hospitality under one tarp, thanks to Martin, Cliff and Neil. It was great to see the usual suspects and meet the new soon to be usuals! I can't wait for the next one, it'll go down better than a hot pocket in Milwaukee for sure... Sorry to twock the roof for your wood shed Addo, I've brought it home for use in the lavvu, I had no idea at the time! Thanks for the smock as well, it'll go a treat with my jedi jacket this winter. After this meet I definately owe you one! Cheers fellas, thanks to you lot I didn't even notice it rained this weekend!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thanks one and all for a great weekend as a newbie I learnt so much, no lightweight from now on!! :)

I now the difference between bushcraft and survival. Bushcraft is living with nature comfortably :)

Thanks to you all, great to meet some new good friends

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
It's difficult in one post to say just how much I enjoyed my first Bushcraft weekend. Some of the new skills I have learnt and the new skills and techniques I look foreward to trying. I think probably one of the most important things I bought back from the weekend was the knowledge of what a great bunch of guys I met.

Honestly I had an awesome weekend and can't wait for the next get together.

Again many thanks to all involved in organizing this and special thanks to the guys that found me a space round the fire saturday night.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
It's difficult in one post to say just how much I enjoyed my first Bushcraft weekend. Some of the new skills I have learnt and the new skills and techniques I look foreward to trying. I think probably one of the most important things I bought back from the weekend was the knowledge of what a great bunch of guys I met.

Honestly I had an awesome weekend and can't wait for the next get together.

Again many thanks to all involved in organizing this and special thanks to the guys that found me a space round the fire saturday night.

What Meet did you go to?:D:D

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
If you have difficulty remembering where you have pitched up I suggest you try this :D

or this:

trebuchet.jpg

Although a clear launch back to my pitch from the group camp might need to be an option.

Would save going back in the morning to collect my chair though.

I'm pretty sure we could whistle one of these up no bother.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
had a great time at the weekend and met some smashing blokes, listening to the rain saturday night made my hammock all the more cozy, dont know about that blinkin fox screechin around me half the night though :) once again fellas, thanks for the invite, till next time....

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Oh, did we say it was good?

When it was chucking it down I got a text from a certain person who wasn't able to attend :rolleyes: They sent me a pic of them dunking a biscuit in their tea. The pic was titled Dunking biscuit in tea in a nice warm dry room hahahaha' :D

Ive no idea who would do something like that. shame on them. I suggest you buy more things off them to teach them a lesson!

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Cyalume glow sticks

I totally forgot about these till I found one I was given it in my kit bag the next day.

I wasn't sure who had a few to sell: any ideas as I would love to get hold of a few.

Any chance of a PM?

It was fantastic I just wish i had left it outside my tent earlier.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE