Midlands November '09 'Re-enactment Market' Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Once again, a Midlands Meet will be held to coincide with a 'bushy-type' event.

In this case the event is The Original Re-enactment Market (TORM) and the weekend is 20 – 22 November 2009.

Location is Rough Close. This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey scale map

At present the price is £4 (per person per night) - The entrance fee to the market is not included in the camp fees!

We’re booked onto PC11 – our usual spot :D .

There's no compunction to go to the market - If you'd like to come along to the Meet and just chill all weekend that's absolutely fine.

Sticking yourself on the list isn't committing yourself to coming along - but if you can no longer come along it'd be appreciated if you say so.

As with the September Meet, we can harvest some of the wood from the area specified by the site :cool: .

Meet list:

decorum

Copy and paste yada, yada ...

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lie on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that
practice flora and fauna id
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ill put me down. enjoyed the weekend, I got home in under two hours btw, not bad for rail on sunday!

Decorum
Firecrest

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I'm in and can't wait. It's been far too long since I got any time to get out.

Wayland
Decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite
Addo
MartinK9
Sasquatch
PJMcBear +1

Gailainne

Life Member
Wayland
Decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite
Addo
MartinK9
Sasquatch
PJMcBear +1
Nolightweight
Andy2112 (TBC)
Twodogs
Humpback
Gailainne

Haven't seen lots of you "English louts" for ages, so shall endeavour to attend, hopefully the 7:30hrs it took the last time will not be repeated.

Cheers

Stephen

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yes please

Wayland
Decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite
Addo
MartinK9
Sasquatch
PJMcBear +1
Nolightweight
Andy2112 (TBC)
Twodogs
Humpback
Gailainne
Elines

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hmm, well it had to happen at some point didn't it! - Real life's got in the way and I can no longer make the Meet :eek: as I have to go to The Royal Yacht Britannia Annual Dinner Dance* :lmao: (I reckon that SWMBO owes me big time for this one! :lmao: :censored: ).

* Which isn't held on the Royal Yacht.

Wayland and Mesquite have stepped into the breach - the Meet will still go ahead - :You_Rock_

Because I'll now be elsewhere from the Friday to the Sunday I'll not be able to offer the supply service offered in post #14 until a future Meet :eek:

Wayland
Firecrest
Mesquite
Addo
MartinK9
Sasquatch
PJMcBear +1
Nolightweight
Andy2112 (TBC)
Twodogs
Humpback
Gailainne
Elines

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
SOrry you can't make it Phil. Yes Ill come again next year for the scout meet. In the mean time, how dare you go off to a dance thats NOT on the Royal Yacht tut! leaving us lot to fend for ourselves, we`ll probably start eating each other ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Yes Ill come again next year for the scout meet...

Very cool :D .

... In the mean time, how dare you go off to a dance thats NOT on the Royal Yacht tut! ...

:lmao: ?? trading standards ?? :lmao:

It's inside, it's formal and it's ..... a dance :eek: .

sick0013.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE