Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just realised, I haven't put the latest mod of my pack up here.

Waylands_Bergan-1.jpg

Added an extra removeable pouch for my frying pan.

PLCE_Mod-1.jpg
PLCE_Mod-2.jpg

All done with a double zip on the new pouch.

First-Aid-Patch.jpg

And I changed the First aid patch to include a luminous panel.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Just realised, I haven't put the latest mod of my pack up here.

Waylands_Bergan-1.jpg

Added an extra removeable pouch for my frying pan......

i may have mentioned this once or twice already, but it's worth saying again. love that mod gary, superb work there :)

cheers

stuart

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Chuffed(short lived)today to get a 1984 dated Berghaus Crusader 2 only to find that one part of the internal alum frame has snapped.

ANy ideas if possible to repair or if not would a replacement frame be available from anywhere?

Many Thanks

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks for the link but unfortunately cannot access it--

jones71, you do not have permission to access this page.

The link goes to a thread in the Made and Modded area of the Full Member area of the forum, so you'll not connect :sad6:

Chuffed(short lived)today to get a 1984 dated Berghaus Crusader 2 only to find that one part of the internal alum frame has snapped.

ANy ideas if possible to repair or if not would a replacement frame be available from anywhere?

Many Thanks

One possibility you mentioned is replacing ~ try here http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/army-stores/Short-2-Prong.html#a249 (no connections and all that yada palava). May be a good price, might not. But at least it's a starting point.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Thanks for the link but unfortunately the PLCE and Crusader frames are of a different design and shape and doubt that a PLCE frame will fit.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks for the link but unfortunately the PLCE and Crusader frames are of a different design and shape and doubt that a PLCE frame will fit.

I dare say it's a common problem, give them a call, they might be able to advise you as whether they're easily modded to fit ~ they might also be able to advise on whether the one you have is capable of being fixed ;) .
As they have the PLCE frame they might have some laying about for Crusaders.
Have you looked on youtube for broken frame fixing hints / tips / mods?

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Havent in all honesty done much as it only arrived the other day but have contacted the seller to explain how unhappy that the broken frame wasnt mentioned when bought.

Have a few spare PLCE frames somewhere so could check but on first inspection dont think they will fit and also the Crusader frame is integral to the Bergen as its riveted in place and in theory cannot be removed/replaced.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Dad has found my old vulcan in their loft, it doss not have the side pockets though, went on ebay last night looking for some and ended up with an early crusader. I will have to post pictures when I get it here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE