Survival Aids Berghaus Roc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnj

Jul 12, 2023
Wales
Hi all,
I've recently picked up what I thought was a standard Berghaus Roc rucksack but when it arrived I noticed it didn't have any Berghaus markings on the outside or as many compression ladders as my old Roc.
Then on opening it has a ridiculous snow shield and at this point I realised it might be a Survival Aids Roc.
This was confirmed further inside the pack as there was a Survival Aids label next to the Berghaus one.
It's in fantastic condition but I don't really know anything about these. I only guess what it was because I remember someone mentioning the snow shield to my a long time ago.
Can anyone shed any light please.

D

Deleted member 56886

Hi all,
I've recently picked up what I thought was a standard Berghaus Roc rucksack but when it arrived I noticed it didn't have any Berghaus markings on the outside or as many compression ladders as my old Roc.
Then on opening it has a ridiculous snow shield and at this point I realised it might be a Survival Aids Roc.
This was confirmed further inside the pack as there was a Survival Aids label next to the Berghaus one.
It's in fantastic condition but I don't really know anything about these. I only guess what it was because I remember someone mentioning the snow shield to my a long time ago.
Can anyone shed any light please.
If it's the one I've just found on Google, apparently it's super rare, and worth a Bob or two

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

johnj

Jul 12, 2023
Wales
Thanks Coedwigwr,
Super rare doesn't always translate to big money though unfortunately.
I've googled it to and possible found the same web page you did but not the sale price.
I think the pack can be used as a bivvy bag, but only if your under 5 foot!!!
Can't really see how the snow shield it that practical.

Holly

Oct 5, 2023
Brecon
I have a Berghaus sps Sack From survival aids. DPM, snow shield large enough to sit in the bag. Still going strong from the 80’s. Unlike me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE