Zippo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Found a zippo in a box of stuff my Dad gave me, was broken in so far as the flint would not engage on the wheel.

So after a bit of fine wire wiggling a bit of old flint fell out and bingo works fine :)

a6emuge4.jpg

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Dont forget all zippos have a lifetime guarntee !

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Yeh mine has been repaired a couple of times by zippo in the uk free of charge but you only pay the postage.
Priceless piece mate,very similar to mine i use daily;)

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I get nasty burns on my leg if I keep mine in my pocket. It's the lighter fluid leaking out. Have to keep it in my pack...

Sent from my mobile.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I gotta be honest, a clipper is the more practical lighter. I had a zippo in my pocket for about a year and it ran out too fast, even if I hadn't used it much. The flame dances like a feather if the wind blows, making it a pain to light anything and it stank.,

I still think they're cool, but right now I have a steel bodied clipper in my pocket,as I know it will light when I need it to!

I will/might buy the blue flame/butane insert for my zippo, that way you get the groove without the bother of unreliability.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
I gotta be honest, a clipper is the more practical lighter. I had a zippo in my pocket for about a year and it ran out too fast, even if I hadn't used it much. The flame dances like a feather if the wind blows, making it a pain to light anything and it stank.,

I still think they're cool, but right now I have a steel bodied clipper in my pocket,as I know it will light when I need it to!

I will/might buy the blue flame/butane insert for my zippo, that way you get the groove without the bother of unreliability.

Aye, "the clipper", thats the very fellow; difficult to beat on price and longevity, refilling in a dirty/dusty environment can however lead to gas intake seal re-sealing issues, so always best to have a spare.

Still like the zippo though, just a little more maintenance intensive. I find if I trim the wick back a few mm and keep it in a jacket, rather than trouser, or sack pocket it'll last 7 or 8 days between fills. The clipper on the other hand I find the fill out lasts the flint, and will happily go on working for weeks.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I have a few and they are great they don't leak if you know this neat trick. Pull the insert out fuel it up. Smear a good amount of Vaseline around the insert and refit it. The Vaseline acts as a seal. ;) they are the best lighters in my opinion. You just need to have a personal attachment. I have condore bushlore it's the best knife in the world because it's mine. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE