Zebra billy`s whats the best

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi
I am looking for a zebra Billy, I see zebra do two differant types, one with a plastic looking clasp that holds down the lid, and another that ive seen on Ray`s site that doesnt have the clasps.
Can anyone enlighten me the pros and cons on these or has one super seeded the other?
Thanks
Bill

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ignore the plastic catches.

The first time you use them over a fire they'll start to melt and you'll end up ripping the off.

Other than that there's no difference.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I am thinking maybe a lid has a built in seal and can be taken off when using it to cook, sounds like i want my cake and eat it, but if I dont ask i dont no
Thanks for your help guys

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Hi
I am looking for a zebra Billy, I see zebra do two differant types, one with a plastic looking clasp that holds down the lid, and another that ive seen on Ray`s site that doesnt have the clasps.
Can anyone enlighten me the pros and cons on these or has one super seeded the other?
Thanks
Bill
No idea why that would be.
"Please note that the Zebra Billy Cans sold through Woodlore do not include the optional lid-locking clips." From Ray's site.
I bought one from them a few months ago and it did have the plastic clips. I took them straight off though.
The Zebra billy is a tough bit of kit. Heavier than aluminium but really solid billy can. The standard handle is a bit awkward. Lots of people change it for a wire, but I'm happy enough with it as it is.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Thanks
Do you or any one know of a type that when the lid is on if you turn it upside down it doesnt leak out, ( just thinking of something that i might incorperate) sealable lid so to speek

Klean Kanteen have single walled fuel containers, where the silicone seal is in the lid.

So you could feasibly cook in the pot without lid, though would have to rig some kind of bail/handle. Also they're pretty small largest is ~470ml, but maybe good for a bimble.

http://www.kleankanteen.com/products/klean-kanteen-food-canisters.php

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE