Zebra Billy Alternatives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It's interesting to read camping texts from a century ago on the subject of cookware. Actually, many of them are interesting for all sorts of reasons, but something that crops up is the debate over aluminium. At the time it was seen both as a wonder metal, the best thing ever devised for camping, and as a very expensive novelty... exactly like titanium, in fact.

At the moment, titanium is very expensive. Is it worth it? That's up to the buyer, really.

Alu does conduct the heat better. I bought Vango SSpans with copper bases, they are VG.

I bought half a dozen Morrisons ones and have made a Hobo (Wayland) stove, and want to make a wee nested Kelly type thing with two, one smaller than the other.

Nick

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
.., but I'm still keen to know if there is a non-DIY 10-12cm SS non-Zebra billy out there! .

Shep,

Several companies make similar billies that are indistinguishable from Zebras and in the same sizes.

I bought a 12cm SS "Horse" billy a few days ago as my old ally pot was too beat up for polite company. No photos as it is in the shed and it is now 4 am. Can oblige if you want proof.

The cost? About 3 pounds and 50 p.

So I guess you are still getting ripped off in the UK;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE