Your picture of the day...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Some white deadnettle, in flower in December. There was lots of it. A quick search around the margins of the small car park at my nature reserve revealed nine other plant species in flower too, plus the catkin-bearing trees (4 species). It has been very mild so far this winter.

11369278905_33667e0e27_b.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
If I could afford an expensive pro one, I'd have bought one. This one cost under £30. For the price, I can't really fault it.

Mike second hand they are available for under £300 and in old MF fits (adapter needed) for under £200 and since manual focusing and rocking back and for are more use than AF generally I would happily by an MF legacy lens.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mike second hand they are available for under £300 and in old MF fits (adapter needed) for under £200 and since manual focusing and rocking back and for are more use than AF generally I would happily by an MF legacy lens.

I can't reach three figures for anything, or I would.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Well keep at with the conversion lens mate they are looking good so far anyway how are finding focusing and depth of field?

As one of the reviews on Amazon says, it has the smallest depth of field in the universe, but rocking back and forth seems to be effective. I need to learn to do stacks now.

So as not to derail the thread, here's another macro. This one is flaking paint on a rusty old railing.

11676272406_c270afee5a_b.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
As one of the reviews on Amazon says, it has the smallest depth of field in the universe, but rocking back and forth seems to be effective. I need to learn to do stacks now.

So as not to derail the thread, here's another macro. This one is flaking paint on a rusty old railing.

11676272406_c270afee5a_b.jpg

Nice enough shot Dof with macro is like the subject very small

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I was in Havant Thicket for a good few hours today, one of my favourite woods in my immediate area. There's a particular place with little ponds and hillocks, almost bog like, and it's beautiful. I didn't realise how beautiful the photo would be...

g9KbDYO.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE