Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
py9eqeby.jpg

Not very bushcrafty but he's my buddy.

Orric

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hungarian bird names will not be of much use to most here but the latin ones are listed too. These are some of the song birds to be found in the parks and environs hereabouts.

P1070021.JPG

A full size version of this image can be downloaded/viewed from here.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I was at my nature reserve today, and checked on the beehives since the weather was nice. I thought I might see my first honeybee of the year.

What I actually saw was loads of them, with lots of activity around the hive and bees flying off on foraging trips.

I presume this is a consequence of a mild winter so far, and will be very bad news if we now get a cold spell, as many workers will die.

Or am I worrying about nothing? Anyone know? Bees are not my area of expertise. Feel free to PM me rather than clutter the thread if you like.

11820143296_33ee76dd9f_b.jpg

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great photo harvestman! I love bees, got a hive in our garden. I think your concern could be correct, but I'm no expert, my dad knows a fair bit though :). Thanks for sharing! :)

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
looking longingly towards Arran from Largs

Orric

I was up in Largs yesterday. I was on a tight schedule or I would have given you a shout. The pet shop in Saltcoats didn't have the stuff in for my aquarium filter as it was still in their Largs shop. I had just enough time to get up there and back before the ferry sailed. I have never been there before and I must say it looks a lovely place. Cathy, Heather and I will most likely pop up that way for a day out in the next few months.

Was that photo taken from the rocks near the marina near the castle entrance?

If you fancy popping over for a brew and a bite then just give me a shout and we can make sure your looked after.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Very nice photo:cool:

I love Glenshee. Beautiful part of the world. When we lived in Aberdeenshire we would go via Breamar and Glenshee to get to Perth instead of going on the A90. It took an hour longer but was sooooo much nicer if you weren't in a rush!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE